1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 May '06 14:43
    I was thinking about a feature that could be added: boners decide so many games, maybe we could have a one time move takeback, like I was playing Jazzcvanna and in that game he got a phone call that distracted him momentarily but moved which revealed a rook fork. If he had not been distracted, he never would have fallen for that trap.
    What about that?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 May '06 14:50
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I was thinking about a feature that could be added: boners decide so many games, maybe we could have a one time move takeback, like I was playing Jazzcvanna and in that game he got a phone call that distracted him momentarily but moved which revealed a rook fork. If he had not been distracted, he never would have fallen for that trap.
    What about that?
    I vote no.

We all have the responsability to make a move and stand for it.
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 May '06 16:14
    Absolutely not you cheeky little monkey!
  4. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    06 May '06 16:39
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Absolutely not you cheeky little monkey!
    I vote no too.

Even if it means helping my rating out, You can't do "take backs" in a live game, and you generally have plenty of time to decide your move here. Even if you were using a 1/0 time bank.
  5. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    06 May '06 16:43
    Lol thats ridiculous i make some howlers but there is no undo on this site no way.you have long enough you have a week or whatever to think.
  6. Swansea
    Moves
    06 May '06 17:03
    nice try mate 😛 lol
  7. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    06 May '06 18:55
    I like it. But I have requested multiple times of a move reset function that only operates the first few seconds after pressing move. Looking for minutes at the board before pressing move is not as helpful as it is during the tenth of a second while pressing it...
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 May '06 19:09
    What about that?
    It's a correspondence site with a 'make move' button. The fastest time control allowed is one move per day. The idea is to play more careful chess than blitz.
  9. Joined
    28 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 May '06 21:02
    circumstances in which "take back" might be acceptable:
    unrated games

rather than a "take back" option, you could have a user setting to say you want a confirmation prompt to ask if you are "really sure".
    If you ignore that, tough.
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    06 May '06 21:26
    What about that?
    What do you think the analyse board and flip board options are for? Use them, and maybe there won't be as many surprises. Do overs are for when you are practicing your guitar and you twang the wrong note. Not for competition correspondence chess. If you really want a do over, here is a work around. Start a new game and work back up to that point and you have your do over. Tell your friend that when the phone rings to throw it out the window cause you ain't doing it again.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 May '06 21:32
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    What do you think the analyse board and flip board options are for? Use them, and maybe there won't be as many surprises. Do overs are for when you are practicing your guitar and you twang the wrong note. Not for competition correspondence chess. If you really want a do over, here is a work around. Start a new game and work back up to that point and you ...[text shortened]... ur friend that when the phone rings to throw it out the window cause you ain't doing it again.
    Well it was a thought. I wasn't actually calling for it for me, just checking the weather, I can see a pattern emerging here!🙂
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 May '06 22:431 edit
    I wouldn't mind a 'go-back-3-moves' function - that would be very useful methinks.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 May '06 01:26
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I wouldn't mind a 'go-back-3-moves' function - that would be very useful methinks.
    What if its only move #2?
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    07 May '06 05:431 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Yea, then what is the use in playing. If you don't like your move just go back three move after each move till your opponent gives up.🙄 This is chess, not the Texas two step. One step forward and two steps back. Me thinks, you no thinks.😉

Edit: Oh wait, you were joking.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 May '06 06:081 edit
    Why not starting at a mate position.
    Then both, in turns, take back move after move.
    He who reaches the starting position first is the winner...?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree