1. Standard memberslappy115
    Slappy slap slap
    Under your bed...
    Moves
    07 May '06 08:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What if its only move #2?
    If you mess up on the second move, you might have a problem.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 May '06 02:451 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Why not starting at a mate position.
    Then both, in turns, take back move after move.
    He who reaches the starting position first is the winner...?
    We'd have to modify the rules a bit - maybe only the person with a rating 100 points below the other could 'go back'.

Maybe. 🙂

More like maybe not. 🙄
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '06 03:01
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    We'd have to modify the rules a bit - maybe only the person with a rating 100 points below the other could 'go back'.

Maybe. 🙂

More like maybe not. 🙄
    i think its a great idea 😞
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    08 May '06 03:51
    Originally posted by trevor33
    i think its a great idea 😞
    That's because you're stupid.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '06 04:12
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    That's because you're stupid.
    😞😞😞😞😞😞 means sarcasm 😞😞😞😞😞😞😞 something you wouldn't understand with no since of humour
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    08 May '06 09:10
    Originally posted by trevor33
    😞😞😞😞😞😞 means sarcasm 😞😞😞😞😞😞😞 something you wouldn't understand with no since of humour
    And here was me thinking that meant disappointment. I should have known better than to believe the file name.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/img/com/sml/disap.gif
  7. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    08 May '06 09:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I was thinking about a feature that could be added: boners decide so many games, maybe we could have a one time move takeback, like I was playing Jazzcvanna and in that game he got a phone call that distracted him momentarily but moved which revealed a rook fork. If he had not been distracted, he never would have fallen for that trap.
    What about that?
    i think an optional feature would make sense ...

in MySettings i could say wether i allow my opponents to take back their move ... their takeback would have to be enacted before i moved of course.

many people would like this feature ... just watch people play .. they do it all the time.

i, personally, would not let them takeback though 😉
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 May '06 09:39
    I still vote no.

In real life, over the board, no rating and just for fun, if my opponent ask me if he can take the last move back I consider him to lose some honor. I wouldn't ever ask for someone to take back a move, I rather lose and start a new game.

But, and here's my compromise: If I am allowed to deny his request for taking back, I have nothing against it as an idea. But I will always deny it.

Technically, one can request for a draw. This request can be denied or accepted of the other player. The same can be done for "Request for taking back a move", with the possibility to deny or accept.

If I happen to accept a takeback I want to have the right to takeback one of my bad moves without him having the right to deny. One for one.

But anyway, I see it as a bad manner wanting to take back a move. I still vote no.
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 May '06 23:351 edit
    Make a move - [without clicking the "submit move" button] move the curser off the board to have a better look - nah no good - left click mouse and the piece reverts to its previous position - unfortunately when you moved the arrow off the board it landed on the "submit move" button so when you clicked the mouse it made the move instead of reverting as was your intention.
    This happened to me twice so far.....I know, I should be more careful etc etc, but a "confirm move" button would've saved me trouble.

Which is similar to a go back option.
  10. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 May '06 00:05
    NO!
  11. Standard memberTheKid
    Tommy
    Broomfield, CO
    Moves
    10 May '06 21:44
    It would be nice as a training/learning technique, for unrated games (i.e. not precious competition). I think, tho instead of allowing someone to "take back" a move, there should be something like a "start a new game from here" (set peice) from the history screen.. sortof like after the game you can go back to where you really screwed up, and start again from there and see if you can make better decisions the next time.

*IF* there was an ability to take moves back, it would have to be "offered" by the opponent and "accepted" by the person who made the bad move, but doing that would make the game become unrated.

~tommy
  12. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    12 May '06 23:24

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '06 01:01
    Originally posted by kwtennis311
    NO!
    only if the other player say yes !

this is possible in www.letsplaychess.com
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    13 May '06 02:14
    Originally posted by drjegc

this is possible in www.letsplaychess.com
    I don't think so.
  15. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    13 May '06 08:45
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    The fastest time control allowed is one move per [b]day. [/b]
    actually - there are games at 0/tb

e.g. The Championship - 0/60

This means you could still get away with moving once per day, but the clock is always ticking as there is no time control.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree