Open Invites - Subscriber Option

Open Invites - Subscriber Option

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
05 Aug 06

I like to support this site by quite often offering 'Open Invite' games only to RHP subscribers, but still non-subscribers accept my invite.
We can set certain parameters, how about one of them being we only accept invites from those who are signed up to the site?

f

Riga

Moves
05 Aug 06

Originally posted by wsjwilliams
I like to support this site by quite often offering 'Open Invite' games only to RHP subscribers, but still non-subscribers accept my invite.
We can set certain parameters, how about one of them being we only accept invites from those who are signed up to the site?
What is the difference? Can`t you beat non-subscribers? 😲

The Tao Temple

Moves
05 Aug 06

[b]I like to support this site by quite often offering 'Open Invite' games only to RHP subscribers, but still non-subscribers accept my invite.
Non-subscribers are supporting the site by reading the sponsor's adverts.

w

Moves
05 Aug 06

Originally posted by fiMiko
What is the difference? Can`t you beat non-subscribers? 😲
der

w

Moves
05 Aug 06

Originally posted by Mixo
Non-subscribers are supporting the site by reading the sponsor's adverts.
forgot about that - been a while - thks

SS

Moves
05 Aug 06

DS

Moves
06 Aug 06
3 edits

....how about one of them being we only accept invites from those who are signed up to the site?
As far as I know, you can't play on this site unless you do sign up.

If you just want to avoid provisional rated players set the rating limit to something [eg. >500 or below 2300] then they cannot accept them.

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
06 Aug 06

So, how about a couple more tickboxes on our "Challenges" page:

Available for unsolicited challenges from subs [] with a min/max rating of [____]
Available for unsolicited challenges from non-subs [] with a min/max rating of [____]

as well as the ones on the "Open Invites" page:

Offer to subs only []
Offer to non-subs only []

DS

Moves
06 Aug 06

You appear to be a bunch of elitist gits. 🙁

c
'Sir' to you

Osaka, Japan

Moves
06 Aug 06

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
You appear to be a bunch of elitist gits. 🙁
These "6 only" guys are just to fast for me... I sometimes like to think for a couple of days before moving.

That's all, just think. Not post crap and spam in the forums and whine and winge while waiting for someone to move...

Moves
06 Aug 06

Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
So that's it? I say a subsriber only option in open invites would be a good thing - Even though I don't look at open invites so it wouldn't affect me.
You don't look at the open invites? Where do you go to start new games? I'm a new subscriber myself, and still create open invites and go to that menu to start games. Do you go in tournaments, or what?

SS

Moves
06 Aug 06

Moves
06 Aug 06

I play clan games and tournamount games. + Some unrated teaching games. No time for open invites.
I worry that my level of play may not be good enough for what something like a tournament would demand. I don't want to waste a bunch of peoples' time by playing in a tournament that I shouldn't be in.

SS

Moves
06 Aug 06

Moves
07 Aug 06

Try banded tournamounts.
Where do I find out what a "banded" tournament is? Is a band like a mini-clan?