1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Dec '11 08:08
    I've raised this before, but nothing came of it last time so I'm not hopeful.

From the Open Invites page: Rating limited open invites are not available to provisionally rated players.

Newcomers find it hard to get a game going (let alone complete 20 rated games) because so many people make one or two moves and then leave the site. I am sure that many low-rated subscribers like myself would like to encourage them to stay on the site, but whenever I create an open invite "p1200 player only, otherwise deleted" I usually have to delete 2 or 3 games before a p1200 player gets the chance.

Could we at least have a tick-box on the Open Invites page "provisional players eligible" rather than the present blanket restriction?
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 18:231 edit
    i think your points are good ones, i am one of those players who shy away from playing a profisional player for the reasons you just detailed, but at the same time, some of them can be pretty darn good, you never know ... personally, i think a lot of p1200 players haven't even discovered the open invite list yet, lol ... but for those of you that are seeking to play games with them, i think a better idea for red hot pawn to do is a "welcome aboard list" of all new players on the site, say, all the ones that are under twenty games, that way they will have a lot of selection of players to play amongst themselves and with such a comprehensive all encompassing list, have oppurtunities for established players such as your self to actively challenge these players, thereby helping introduce them to the site and feel welcome here ... what do you think ...
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Dec '11 22:38
    I think your idea is much better, I really hadn't put any thought into looking for the right way to do it. Russ has indicated that he likes the idea of "greeters" in the past, and your suggestion would both make things more welcoming for the newcomers and make things easier for those players interested in helping them get off their P-plates. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree