1. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 05:40
    Just looking at the open invites list again and it looks like some people use it to post funny comments up and see how long they will stay.

Or, currently there is a game posted that can't be accepted by any player on this site but if it was accepted the poster loses first go.

It's probably been mentioned before by how about only showing games you can actually accept on this page.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 06:14
    Originally posted by Wheely
    Just looking at the open invites list again and it looks like some people use it to post funny comments up and see how long they will stay.

Or, currently there is a game posted that can't be accepted by any player on this site but if it was accepted the poster loses first go.

It's probably been mentioned before by how about only showing games you can actually accept on this page.
    I would like to see all challenges.
    But with a checkbox as an option, yes, it would be fine to see only those I can actually accept.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 20:02
    I don't know about yours but mine only shows a link to accept the ones I qualify to accept.
  4. Standard memberWheely
    Instant Buzz
    C#minor
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 06:16
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I don't know about yours but mine only shows a link to accept the ones I qualify to accept.
    That is true but you also can get a page full of games, many of which are impossible for anyone to accept. Just seems untidy to me.
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 01:04
    As a lowrated player I have to go to the bottom of the second screen before I see an "accept game offer". I notice some idiot with a rating of 888 has two invites, >2400 and < 500. And there's always somebody putting up half a dozen games at a time. I would definitely be in favour of displaying only qualified games, even as an option.
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 01:041 edit
  7. Joined
    18 Jun '07
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 03:06
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    what does that mean?
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 06:01
    It means my post came up twice so I deleted the second one. Is there a way to remove the whole post entry?
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 07:09
    Originally posted by Wheely
    That is true but you also can get a page full of games, many of which are impossible for anyone to accept. Just seems untidy to me.
    One simple solution of this problem is to reverse the sorting order of the screen. If the newest invitations always is on the top then the impossible ones (like those wanting to play with players with a rating over 2500 or under 300) comes at the bottom.

This you cant yourself, we have to ask Russ or Chris to do this - reverse the order.
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 07:20
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    One simple solution of this problem is to reverse the sorting order of the screen.
    This you cant yourself, we have to ask Russ or Chris to do this - reverse the order.
    Great idea - and so simple to implement too, doesn't need a huge program change or anything. Now, how can we make it happen?
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Jun '07 14:08
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    One simple solution of this problem is to reverse the sorting order of the screen. If the newest invitations always is on the top then the impossible ones (like those wanting to play with players with a rating over 2500 or under 300) comes at the bottom.

Order reversed. The open invites will be automatically cleared up after a period soon. (No, really, they will! 😉 )

-Russ
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Jun '07 14:45
    Originally posted by Russ
    Order reversed. The open invites will be automatically cleared up after a period soon. (No, really, they will! 😉 )

-Russ
    Thank you, Russ.

Let's call this "the Order of Fabian". 😏
  13. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    25 Jun '07 18:04
    Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
    hurrah for Russ, I like this change. 🙂
  14. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 03:00
    Thanks Russ.🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree