1. Joined
    01 Jun '04
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 10:32
    Instead of creating one open invite at a time, can't we please have the option to open multiple games. Save my clicky finger for important tasks!!
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 11:57
    Because the "open invites" is already loaded with stuff which is not relevant to each of us because of rating ranges or time controls. I'd like to suggest an alternative.

Make several small changes to the "open invites" at once, which could improve the experience for most users most of the time:
    1. Display only those offers which are actually available to the viewer (the ones currently showing "accept game offer" links).
    2. Add an option "both" to the "play as black-white-random" in the setup screen, to enable a pair of games to be offered simultaneously to the same player.
    3. Add an option "multiple" tickbox or dropdown box next to the "name" field to allow multiple offers, as suggested by the initiator of this thread. Needs a number limit of say, 5 to discourage swamping of the list.
    4. Make the "game name" box longer to allow the offeror to provide additional requests if any, so that the box becomes a "game name or other information" box.
    5. Add a tickbox "display game name" so that only meaningful game names will be displayed, not any comments intended only to help the player choose whether to accept any available offer.

I'd like to hear any better ideas which could go to achieving the same things, so speak up please. 🙂
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 12:24
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    Because the "open invites" is already loaded with stuff which is not relevant to each of us because of rating ranges or time controls. I'd like to suggest an alternative.

Make several small changes to the "open invites" at once, which could improve the experience for most users most of the time:
    1. Display only those offers which are actually availab ...[text shortened]... ideas which could go to achieving the same things, so speak up please. 🙂
    On point one... we have the games we CAN take at the top of the list. I like to see the other ones just to know what else is going on. I can't take the game, but I still like to see who's making what games even if they don't pertain to me. Perhaps a "Show Acceptable Games Only" button is a good idea.

P-
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 13:14
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    On point one... we have the games we CAN take at the top of the list. Perhaps a "Show Acceptable Games Only" button is a good idea.

P-
    What I see is one or two "accept game offer" items, then sometimes 20 or 30 other items, and some "accept" items have been pushed down to Page 2. I think your option button is a neat compromise - we both would get what we wanted. 😀
  5. Joined
    01 Jun '04
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 14:18
    2. Add an option "both" to the "play as black-white-random" in the setup screen, to enable a pair of games to be offered simultaneously to the same player.
    3. Add an option "multiple" tickbox or dropdown box next to the "name" field to allow multiple offers, as suggested by the initiator of this thread. Needs a number limit of say, 5 to discourage swamping of the list.
    yes yes yes, these two options are exactly the type of thing i want to see, well put!!
  6. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 16:22
    I agree with all said so far. Could we also move the "add open invite" button to the top of the page?

For the lazy scrollers amongst us.
  7. Joined
    01 Jun '04
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 17:19
    Originally posted by invigorate
    I agree with all said so far. Could we also move the "add open invite" button to the top of the page?

For the lazy scrollers amongst us.
    you can just go to new game though
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Aug '07 23:51
    bloody hell, ive got 20-20 vision but ive never seen the light, until now that is. what an idea!!! edison, baird, newton, einstien, frilly!!! thats what it means to me.

but honesty good idea matey, my clicky finger grows old and frail, we are born with limited clicks, who wants to waste any on open invites.
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 00:06
    No - you shouldn't be able to make an open invite until your last one was accepted.[In my opinion][maybe a limit of 3 at a time would be good]

If you want loads of games join some tournaments or something; that's what you're paying for.
    If everyone did 10 at a time 'Open Invites' would be pages and pages long. 🙁
  10. Joined
    01 Jun '04
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 01:24
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    No - you shouldn't be able to make an open invite until your last one was accepted.[In my opinion][maybe a limit of 3 at a time would be good]

If you want loads of games join some tournaments or something; that's what you're paying for.
    no one mentioned 10, just you
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 01:48
    Originally posted by frilly
    no one mentioned 10, just you
    I used 10 as an example - how many are you suggesting?
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Aug '07 03:10
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

I was being generous when I said 5, I agree 3 would be a better number 🙂
  13. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 03:58
    but if you could turn off unavailable games, you wouldn't have such a long list anyway ... so then maybe 5 or 6 wouldn't be too many.🙂
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 09:18
    Originally posted by MissOleum

1. Display only those offers which are actually availab ...[text shortened]... ideas which could go to achieving the same things, so speak up please. 🙂
    6. Add a checkbox to disallow vacations.

Obviously, this would be a sub only facility. Obviously.

D
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '07 09:591 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    6. Add a checkbox to disallow vacations.

Obviously, this would be a sub only facility. Obviously.

D
    Hear hear - brilliant idea!!!

Unfortunately, I have been informed it is "not possible" 🙁

Or too much bother or something like that.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree