Pictures in threads.

Pictures in threads.

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
01 May 09

It would be nice to be able to paste pictures into threads.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
01 May 09

No.

Next question?

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
01 May 09

Originally posted by Crowley
No.

Next question?
Shut it tubby.

R
Different

Moves
01 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
It would be nice to be able to paste pictures into threads.
Maybe not in public forums. But I think it would be a good idea for private forums. If we can post youtube vids, why not pics?

Moves
01 May 09

Originally posted by Raven69
Maybe not in public forums. But I think it would be a good idea for private forums. If we can post youtube vids, why not pics?
i agree with the red head wannabee.

R
Different

Moves
01 May 09

Originally posted by trev33
i agree with the red head wannabee.
Thank you.

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
01 May 09

Originally posted by Raven69
Youtube links refer directly to the youtube site - i.e. the videos are hosted at youtube - meaning no storage / bandwidth problems at RHP and the interface is a known one so Russ is sure that only Youtube content is going to be shown
To post pictures here you'd potentially be linking to just about anywhere on the interweb - might be a picture, might not. You'd have to get the pictures uploaded to the RHP site to be sure of the content.
Storage and bandwidth is what it boils down to.

If the images were small ~50/100k then they could be uploaded to RHP and posted. A system could be put in place where "old" images could expire - so old threads might not make sense because the image posted has been deleted. If you look through some old threads now you'll see people talking about avatar images that are not there any more - so it's not such a big deal.

DS

Moves
02 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by orangutan
Youtube links refer directly to the youtube site - i.e. the videos are hosted at youtube - meaning no storage / bandwidth problems at RHP and the interface is a known one so Russ is sure that only Youtube content is going to be shown
To post pictures here you'd potentially be linking to just about anywhere on the interweb - might be a picture, might not. ple talking about avatar images that are not there any more - so it's not such a big deal.
In EVERY other forum on the internet it is considered normal to be able to post pictures that are hosted elsewhere; so I agree it's time to modernise these forums.

rec'd

T

ALG

Moves
03 May 09

In the posers and puzzles forum it would be handy if we could paint things (ie triangles)

e4

Moves
04 May 09

Originally posted by Thomaster
In the posers and puzzles forum it would be handy if we could paint things (ie triangles)
Agreed and rec'd

And in the Religious Forum we could have pictures of God
to know what he looked like.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
04 May 09

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Agreed and rec'd

And in the Religious Forum we could have pictures of God
to know what he looked like.
I'd be fine with that. It should be an easy matter to craft a picture of Crowley's bulbous noggin.

SS

Moves
05 May 09

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
05 May 09

The post that was quoted here has been removed
That would never happen. Make it effective just in the private forums then.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
05 May 09

That's a stupid idea

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 May 09

I can't see that happening without them getting banned, can you?