1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 May '08 17:33
    I love the idea of the rating floor, said so in most every one of these threads that pop up. Also, nothing looks more dumb than a 1900 or so rated player who's holding tourney victories in 12 through 1400 banded tournaments. I would consider it an embarrassing mark on my profile, but some people seem to think they've accomplished something.

P-
  2. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    15 May '08 01:39
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    For all of you who rec'ed the OP; would you really rather ban people instead of implementing rating floors?!
    I already admitted that banning is a bad idea, but I felt I needed to bring the subject up to try to get something done, just because it is a big issue. I'm all for rating floors. They sound like they would basically eliminate sandbaggers. I think most people are reccing it because they just want something done. They don't have to agree with every single word before they rec it. It's the principle.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 May '08 01:502 edits
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    I already admitted that banning is a bad idea, but I felt I needed to bring the subject up to try to get something done, just because it is a big issue. I'm all for rating floors. They sound like they would basically eliminate sandbaggers. I think most people are reccing it because they just want something done. They don't have to agree with every single word before they rec it. It's the principle.
    It would probably make a great "site idea", about having the rating floor. Perhaps if enough of us jump on the rating floor bandwagon, Russ might take a look at it ?

You are absolutely right it would cut out most of the sandbagging.

Perhaps it would help also, to explain exactly what a rating floor is, for those who don't know.
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    15 May '08 07:22
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    But it just kind of died, and nothing more was said on the subject.
    That's just the way it works here. Keep posting about it and eventually Russ will get around to it.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 May '08 19:45
    Originally posted by Crowley
    That's just the way it works here. Keep posting about it and eventually Russ will get around to it.
    See "Rating floors for RHP" in "site ideas"....Looking like a couple of days we will have a rating floor.

Thanks Russ !!
  6. Joined
    28 Sep '07
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 12:07
    Excellent - I've just noticed that 2 tournaments I am playing in include two people that are capable of playing way above the band that the tournament is directed at.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 13:40
    My idea of a Pyramid tournaments in the Thread 58455 is a remedy of sandbagging.
    In such a tournaments there is no reason to sandbag, sandbaggers have simply no advantage of such behaviour. Rating has no meaning in Pyramid tournaments.
    Those of us, me included, who are concerned of sandbagging will really enjoy Pyramids!

I have offered my engagement of manage a Pyramid tournament, from season one and forth.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 14:20
    See "Rating floors for RHP" in "site ideas"....Looking like a couple of days we will have a rating floor.

Thanks Russ !!
    What are 'days'?

P-
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 16:581 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    What are 'days'?

P-
    I looked on my home page, and saw:
    Tournament Entry Rating is calculated by the formula (CurrentRating + HighestRating) / 2. The entry rating will never drop to more than than 100 points below your Highest Rating.
    The '100 points' part seems new. I hope this is not the 'floor' that was installed.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 18:591 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I looked on my home page, and saw:
    Tournament Entry Rating is calculated by the formula (CurrentRating + HighestRating) / 2. The entry rating will never drop to more than than 100 points below your Highest Rating.
    The '100 points' part seems new. I hope this is not the 'floor' that was installed.
    "100 points below you highest rating"

Highest rating ever? Or highest rating during the last 100 days?
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 20:23
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

That's a Russ question.
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 20:27

Last 100 days. FACT!

D
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jun '08 21:231 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Last 100 days. FACT!

D
    You probably don't play enough chess to realize, the last 100 days does not work!~~

Oh Yes, "FACT" !
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 06:07
    You probably don't play enough chess to realize, the last 100 days does not work!~~

Oh Yes, "FACT" !
    Hey Very Trolly, it was a simple answer to a simple question. I offered no opinion on whether it worked or not.

D
  15. Here
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 06:52
    My idea of a Pyramid tournaments in the Thread 58455 is a remedy of sandbagging.
    In such a tournaments there is no reason to sandbag, sandbaggers have simply no advantage of such behaviour. Rating has no meaning in Pyramid tournaments.
    Those of us, me included, who are concerned of sandbagging will really enjoy Pyramids!

I have offered my engagement of manage a Pyramid tournament, from season one and forth.
    What happened to this ? It seems like a good idea

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree