1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 11:07
    Originally posted by padger
    What happened to this ? It seems like a good idea
    Nothing yet. But if enough people think it is a good idea then perhaps something will happen eventually.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 17:461 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Hey Very Trolly, it was a simple answer to a simple question. I offered no opinion on whether it worked or not.

D
    Of course it doesn't work ! Why even mention it ? TAlk about trolling, and you the biggest of them from my point of view!
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 18:09
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    What are 'days'?

P-
    True, I did forget about that part, but at least it is still being considered hopefully?
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 19:22
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Of course it doesn't work ! Why even mention it ? TAlk about trolling, and you the biggest of them from my point of view!
    Why even mention it?

"We" always seem to have these "misunderstandings". IE: I state something simple and you misunderstand it.

Fabian asked a question regarding a new implementation of a rating floor, which I researched and answered correctly, as the implementation stands now. User 97084

Now you play your idiot card to start trolling me simply because I was being courteous? Please don't waste our time any more unless you have something of substance to add.

D
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 19:281 edit
    Fabian asked a question regarding a new implementation of a rating floor, which I researched and answered correctly, as the implementation stands now. User 97084
    Thank you, mr Rag, for your correct answer, and the proof included. Latest 100 days it is.
    I'm glad that it wasn't the highest rating ever, because then I'm stuck with my once 1809 points of rating...
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 21:37

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 21:37

8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 21:38
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Thank you, mr Rag, for your correct answer, and the proof included. Latest 100 days it is.
    I'm glad that it wasn't the highest rating ever, because then I'm stuck with my once 1809 points of rating...
    It hasn't even been implimented yet..if we are talking about the rating floor...!!
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 21:401 edit

10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 00:111 edit
    Why even mention it?

"We" always seem to have these "misunderstandings". IE: I state something simple and you misunderstand it.

Now you play your idiot card to start trolling me si ...[text shortened]... ? Please don't waste our time any more unless you have something of substance to add.

D
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 00:163 edits
    Why even mention it?

Now you play your idiot card to start trolling me si ...[text shortened]... ? Please don't waste our time any more unless you have something of substance to add.

D
    Has the rating floor been implimented??

I have seen no signs of it or announcements! So how can you say what it is ?

Talk about an idiot card !
  12. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 19:58
    Name and shame - User 153142 has already thrown [deliberately lost] 6 games in Tournament 4302 - and says in his profile "If we're still playing after 5 moves then be prepared for your rating to drop".
  13. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Jun '08 03:49
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Name and shame - User 153142 has already thrown [deliberately lost] 6 games in Tournament 4302 - and says in his profile "If we're still playing after 5 moves then be prepared for your rating to drop".
    I'm not convinced that this case is actually relevant to this thread. The tournament is an open one, and the player has ceased to be a subscriber and is working off his remaining games. Under those circumstances I would expect him to resign a lot of games.
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Jun '08 04:23
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    I'm not convinced that this case is actually relevant to this thread. The tournament is an open one, and the player has ceased to be a subscriber and is working off his remaining games. Under those circumstances I would expect him to resign a lot of games.
    He's resigning them on move 5, in the middle of 'book' openings.

He's resigning to only SOME of the opponents, thus giving those opponents an unfair advantage [free points] in the tournament.

And, by deliberately lowering his rating like this [he's now in the 1600s when he used to be over 2000], he paves the way for future sandbagging in the future [should he resubscribe, or enter a non-sub tourney].
  15. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    12 Jun '08 15:491 edit
    If I am not mistaken, in one of the threads Russ mentioned that rating floors will be done soon. I would use one too because I often start too many games and then when I can not handle them I resign them all in frustration. So as a 1700 player it is stupid to drop to 1000 after one massive timeout attack by my opponents 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree