1. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 17:301 edit
    When you look at the bottom of your game, it shows all pieces captured. My idea is to show the total point equivalents of the pieces captured as well.

Pawns = 1 point / Knights/Bishop = 3 pts / Rook = 5 pts / Queen = 9

Example: Black has captured 2 white knights and a pawn. White has captured 1 black rook and a knight. At the bottom, it shows those pieces. With my idea, it would show --- Black: 7 White: 8

I am a terrible explainer, but how does that sound? Generally, I am saying to show the point values captured.
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 17:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 17:40
    Originally posted by Ramned
    When you look at the bottom of your game, it shows all pieces captured. My idea is to show the total point equivalents of the pieces captured as well.

Pawns = 1 point / Knights/Bishop = 3 pts / Rook = 5 pts / Queen = 9

Example: Black has captured 2 white knights and a pawn. White has captured 1 black rook and a knight. At the bottom, it shows those p ...[text shortened]... le explainer, but how does that sound? Generally, I am saying to show the point values captured.
    Ramned, believe the hype!

Get FireFox and the Greasemonkey scripts. I've been at RHP a long time, and the things that are done with Firefox and Greasemonkey are great!

This is one of the features. Captured points show.

Also, you get a show of win/draw/lost game points for each game right on the game page... so I know how much I'll get or lose for every game I'm playing.

It also has some great forum features.

GET IT!

P-
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 17:40
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    It's not a final score, but helps.

P-
  5. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    02 Jan '07 17:533 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I know that, but it is just sometimes useful when thinking way ahead.

It's about the same as showing ther pieces at the bottom, it just shows more directly who has the MATERIAL advantage. Just because you see that, doesn't mean you are ignoring position - which I do not do -- Just an addition

BTW phlabs, that looks good

Game 2866814
    The above game is when I would use that more. I am attempting a comeback from when I lost my queen early and I like to see if I am leading materially (Wow, we're tied now 😀 ) I do not use that in my thinking much. Don't make any comments on that game, it is in progress.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree