Pointless resignations and rating dropping.....

Pointless resignations and rating dropping.....

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
09 Aug 05

.............a couple of days ago I started a game with this guy,Freddie2004,who was rated about 1400,and today,after 14 moves and an even position, I found that he resigned the game with the rating of 1019 because he resigned something like 50 games at once.......

What's the point of doing this? I started a game with the will to play a game of chess,not to see it won without merit after 14 moves!

And the rating.........

The player said that he wanted to get rid of his games because he had too many,but a question arises spontaneously..........

Why the heck he started so much games if he can't cope with it?

I think there should be a feature that stops the mass resignations or huge rating drops in a short amount of time,let's say that a player can't drop more than 100 points per day,or a limit for resignations in a day..........

I really don't know what to say but it's a very disappointing behaviour.

d

Moves
09 Aug 05

Originally posted by Fisich
I think there should be a feature that stops the mass resignations or huge rating drops in a short amount of time,let's say that a player can't drop more than 100 points per day,or a limit for resignations in a day..........
I think a "rating floor" is something that has been suggested numerous times.

As far as mass resignations go, what if someone is leaving the site and resigns all his games out of courtesy to his opponents?

My advice to you is just to make a mental note of who is causing you this grief and don't play these players again. Live and learn, man.

F

Moves
09 Aug 05

Thanks,I won't play him again.

From what I understand this is not the first time that the problem is discussed ........is a common practice here to resign massive amount of games at one time?

d

Moves
09 Aug 05

Thanks,I won't play him again.

From what I understand this is not the first time that the problem is discussed ........is a common practice here to resign massive amount of games at one time?
There's a certain user who would resign hundreds of games at once repeatedly. He's the only major repeat offender that I know of and he doesn't play on this site that much anymore so you shouldn't have to worry too much.

F

Moves
09 Aug 05

Fine,thanks for the kind answers.

Hristos voskrese

feckin' 'ell

Moves
09 Aug 05

Freddie2004 was trying to beat Helden in the moves this month table, but got his ass kicked (hence so many games)

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
09 Aug 05

Originally posted by leestatic
Freddie2004 was trying to beat Helden in the moves this month table, but got his ass kicked (hence so many games)
I was ahead of him, but going out for one night meant that I was 1000 moves behind and I very much doubt I could make that up against Helden. So I got rid of games which I was going to lose anyway. Problem?

F

Moves
09 Aug 05

Originally posted by leestatic
Where is the satisfaction in playing a lot of moves if half of them are BAD moves?

I've taken a look at Helden's profile and I see that he chooses carefully all his opponents and he plays ONLY people rated 300-400 points below him.

Where's the satisfaction for the game if you play ALWAYS bad players so that you won't have to think for more that 10 seconds about the next move?

........and Helden is not that great player since he loses often by 900/1000 players..........

I think he would have more reward and satisfaction if he tries to UNDERSTAND the game and find new tactics/openings instead of playing a silly "who-makes-most-moves" contest..........

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
09 Aug 05

Where is the satisfaction in playing a lot of moves if half of them are BAD moves?

I've taken a look at Helden's profile and I see that he chooses carefully all his opponents and he plays ONLY people rated 300-400 points below him.

Where's the satisfaction for the game if you play ALWAYS bad players so that you won't have to think for more that 10 s ...[text shortened]... find new tactics/openings instead of playing a silly "who-makes-most-moves" contest..........
Who are you to judge the way someone else gets their satisfaction?

F

Moves
09 Aug 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Who are you to judge the way someone else gets their satisfaction?
Of course I am no one to judge how someone gets their satisfaction, but it's common sense that you have more satisfaction playing and beating someone rated like you with a good game than playing and beating tons of kids who barely know how to castle.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
09 Aug 05

Of course I am no one to judge how someone gets their satisfaction, but it's common sense that you have more satisfaction playing and beating someone rated like you with a good game than playing and beating tons of kids who barely know how to castle.
Is it?

F

Moves
09 Aug 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Is it?
Of course if someone has fun stealing candies to kids he's free to do it........

d

Moves
09 Aug 05

Of course if someone has fun stealing candies to kids he's free to do it........
And then you and I can judge that person to be a complete a$$wipe and feel 100% correct while doing so. 🙂

F

Moves
09 Aug 05

Originally posted by darvlay
And then you and I can judge that person to be a complete a$$wipe and feel 100% correct while doing so. 🙂
Well said!

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
09 Aug 05

Well said!
But who is Helden harming?