1. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    10 May '09 00:00
    Surely there is a simple solution to the problem of a player being banned part way through around of a tournament. The player's record should be expunged from the tournament round. This is what happens in football leagues, so why not on RHP.? Obviously this is 'unfair' to players who have beaten a banned player, but players who have not finished their games lose the opportunity to win games.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 May '09 18:29
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    In tournaments and clan leagues, if any of the players are banned for cheating, their name is crossed out, and their scores zero'ed out.

However, there is no correction to the scores of their opposition. This means those who lose to cheats get zero, while those who still have games in progress with the cheat get wins by timeout.

Instead, all points ...[text shortened]... ] simply by continuing to play until the cheat got banned. The rest had to take losses/draws.
    I tried to rec this but system wouldn't let me for some reason. 🙁
  3. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    11 May '09 18:04
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    In tournaments and clan leagues, if any of the players are banned for cheating, their name is crossed out, and
    "... snip for length ..."
    all points scored against cheats should be taken away once they get banned, so that nobody profits by having a cheat beat their opposition while they get free points from the banning.

[Edit: "all points" means game points, not rating points. Re-rating tons of games is too much of a hassle.]
    Recc'd (worked for me)

To be clear, clearing out the banned player's tournament points in the current round of any open tournament is an excellent idea.

Previous rounds, and rating points should be left alone - the world has moved on.

As to whether to include players banned for other reasons in the tournament points clearout. I don't feel particularly strongly either way, but given that they will not progress, there is some justification in putting all points gained against them to zero too.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 May '09 22:42
    It may not be letting me Rec it because I already did. 😳
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 May '09 05:48
    The thread in the Clans forum got deleted. It contained the following Site Idea, which I believe was NOT the reason for the thread's deletion, so I will repost it here.

In the Clan Leagues, points scored by cheats in a season still in progress are not removed, even after the cheat gets banned. This should be changed ASAP.

Also, once the cheat is banned, all results of games against them should be set to 0 [again, for seasons-in-progress only], per the OP idea.
  6. e4
    Moves
    13 May '09 18:59
    It can also makes the final table lop-sided.

The cheat beat 50% of the players and gets banned. Those who
    have not finished - ie those who don't resign get the points.

People are going to get wise to this and you will get players never resigning
    in case their opponent gets banned - these tournament could run forever.

Is there any technical reason a banned players pts score cannot be reversed?

We have all agreed to lose the grading points, so it's not about
    grading points.

I cannot understand why a banned players score is NOT removed.

If it is technical I think we deserve an explanation - this total silence
    is deafening.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 May '09 11:36
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    It can also makes the final table lop-sided.

The cheat beat 50% of the players and gets banned. Those who
    have not finished - ie those who don't resign get the points.

People are going to get wise to this and you will get players never resigning
    in case their opponent gets banned - these tournament could run forever.

Is there any technical rea ...[text shortened]... d.

If it is technical I think we deserve an explanation - this total silence
    is deafening.
    Welcome to the RHP Site Ideas Forum.

Explanations from the Site Admins are rarely forthcoming here.
  8. Standard membermisterrigel
    Dosadi Survivor
    Chicago
    Moves
    20 Jun '09 00:35
    BUMP

I think this is the single most effective way to curb the influence of cheats in the clan leagues and big tournaments. No one's asking for tournaments to be reawarded after the winner is banned, or for their rating points back, or for their (lame) clan challenge points - just make it so that cheats don't steal points from legitimate players of the current tournament round / season or whatever. Plz.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree