1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 14:39
    I've noticed certain forum addicts seem to dominate every thread with post after post after mindless post.

perhaps a daily post limit similiar to the rec limit would fix this problem and allow others to participate in the forums.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 19:535 edits
    Originally posted by Red Night
    I've noticed certain forum addicts seem to dominate every thread with post after post after mindless post.

perhaps a daily post limit similiar to the rec limit would fix this problem and allow others to participate in the forums.
    I agree, with the exception of all my mindless posts. 😛

Oh yea, I don't even concern myself with ever putting any serious thought what so ever into any of my posts. Kind of works like my chess games. 🙂

Should we perhaps start having a rule on who can post what? Or perhaps for the really mindless posts like mine, I wouldn't get to post at all?

What will become of the people who mainly post in the forums and don't actually play much chess?

Will we need another mod team to decide which are the mindless posts, and which ones are not?
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 20:31

'similar'
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 22:57

DOH !! kinda shooting yourself in the foot there
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 23:36
    Please! Somebody stop me from posting! Help!
  6. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 12:51
    Originally posted by coquette
    Please! Somebody stop me from posting! Help!
    I am going to reccomend you seek help with RHP's own PA (poster's anonymous).

Here you will find the likes of almost everyone who has ever ventured into the threads of today and posted something.

We can help you. Yes we can.

We even have our own prayer (for those who believ in such things)

Lord
    Grant us the strength to change the post I mispelt in error
    to not ridicule those that have mispelt before me
    the knowledge to reconize when my posts are lame
    the fortitude not to follow other lame posts
    and the wisdom to reconize the difference
    Amen
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Jun '08 18:09
    ...perhaps a daily post limit similiar to the rec limit would fix this problem and allow others to participate in the forums.
    I didn't realize there was a 'number of posters in a thread' limit, so how is it preventing "others" from participating?

Yet another mindless post from the mindless poster RedNight!
  8. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 14:41
    That could seriously improve the quality of the posts, if you were only allowed to have say 5 or 10 a day. Others could have a chance to speak on a topic too.
  9. ALG
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 17:00
    Is this a mindless post?
  10. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 17:08

With around 8,400 posts in just over 849 days you would certainly free up a fair bit of space.

How would limiting the number of post allow others to participate? 😕
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 18:02

Moron.
  12. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 18:25
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Moron.
    Getting straight to the point today I've noticed!
  13. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    23 Jun '08 19:01

Well just checked out one of the longer on site, prolific posters aka shavixmir and there are only 848 pages of posts for him which is only 12,720 in total.

Now, considering you have been here two years less than him and yet have posted almost 2/3rd of his total it goes to show you must be the main forum addict who seems to dominate every thread with post after post of inane dribble.

With this in mind I support your campaign.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 00:073 edits
    Did anyone notice, this is "Site Ideas", and we all give our two cents on the idea, for whatever it is worth. More like debating on the site idea, and this usually happens each time someone makes a suggestion. I guess that would make all of us with the exception of the Original Poster, Red Night, off Topic.
    Had anyone thought of that?

Shame on us ALL !
  15. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    25 Jun '08 00:26
    What an utterly idiotic idea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree