1. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 19:09
    I sent a message to the forum mod on 29th november which as yet has not been opened
    I sent a message to Russ on 29th November which as yet has not been opened

My suggestion is that the powers that be read their mail [b]A.S.A.P.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 19:351 edit
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    I sent a message to the forum mod on 29th november which as yet has not been opened

[/b]Forum Mod doesn't send a message to anyone, Forum Mod is a blank. You need to contact a forum mod from the volunteers list. (see site map)

Russ has said in the forums that he doesn't use the PM system too often, Site Feedback is answered by Russ or Chris.

P-
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 19:55
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Forum Mod doesn't send a message to anyone, Forum Mod is a blank. You need to contact a forum mod from the volunteers list. (see site map)

Russ has said in the forums that he doesn't use the PM system too often, Site Feedback is answered by Russ or Chris.

P-[/b]
    Being able to respond to a PM from the Forum Moderator account directly would be a lot more logical than having to randomly guess which Forum Mod sent it. PMs to a specific FM regarding a Forum Moderator PM invariably get the response "I didn't send it" and "I can't tell you who did". This is annoying in the extreme.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 20:22
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Being able to respond to a PM from the Forum Moderator account directly would be a lot more logical than having to randomly guess which Forum Mod sent it. PMs to a specific FM regarding a Forum Moderator PM invariably get the response "I didn't send it" and "I can't tell you who did". This is annoying in the extreme.
    There's a site idea, although most warnings are rather clear to why the post was removed and a user should use site feedback if they disagree with the decision of a moderator.

I am able and have looked into cases for users at RHP, and only once or perhaps twice did I have a conflict with a decision made. I was over-ruled, in one memorable instance (don't ask) and that was that.

When anyone gets a warning from the mods, or a post removed the whole team has access to the info. Fortunately there isn't one mod deciding everything in the forums. There isn't even one admin deciding everything.

P-
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 20:42
    There's a site idea, although most warnings are rather clear to why the post was removed and a user should use site feedback if they disagree with the decision of a moderator.

I am able and have looked into cases for users at RHP, and only once or perhaps twice did I have a conflict with a decision made. I was over-ruled, in one memorable instance (don ...[text shortened]... od deciding everything in the forums. There isn't even one admin deciding everything.

P-
    It was in a thread months ago; like most site ideas that would lead to any improvement of the site, it was ignored (the LAME CLAN CHALLENGE SCORING SYSTEM still lives even though better systems were proposed years ago).

Site Feedback is a total waste of time. And the fact that other Mods have access to the info, doesn't mean they have anything useful to add. The "I didn't do it" statement is one I've heard more than a few times.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 20:50
    It was in a thread months ago
    I believe it has been suggested several times. Among others, I think catfoodtim suggested it in his thread about improving the forum moderation system. It sounds like something that would be easy to implement (I may be wrong about this, though), and I can't see any negative aspects.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 20:57
    It was in a thread months ago; like most site ideas that would lead to any improvement of the site, it was ignored (the LAME CLAN CHALLENGE SCORING SYSTEM still lives even though better systems were proposed years ago).

Site Feedback is a total waste of time. And the fact that other Mods have access to the info, doesn't mean they have anything useful to add. The "I didn't do it" statement is one I've heard more than a few times.
    Hey, I'm with you on clan scores. Clan score rewards quantity over quality. Why should anyone get a point for a draw? Win or lost / percentages would have been much better for even play and protection from clans that rush piles of games just for points.

As for site feedback, there have been topics I've sent Russ or Chris and they just don't touch.

P-
  8. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 21:23
    Forum Mod doesn't send a message to anyone, Forum Mod is a blank. You need to contact a forum mod from the volunteers list. (see site map)

P-[/b]
    What a crock
    I received a PM from a forum mod unsigned therefore I sent one back to forum mod - I should not have to conduct an investigation into the source of the PM received in order to respond to it

I have been sending PM's to Russ for years and these have been answered in good time previously therefore it was logical to continue on a path that works.

Site feedback - Completely waste of my time and therefore never considered using it then or now
  9. The sky
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 21:41
    I have been sending PM's to Russ for years and these have been answered in good time previously therefore it was logical to continue on a path that works.

Site feedback - Completely waste of my time and therefore never considered using it then or now
    Why do you consider site feedback to be a complete waste of your time, but apparently don't see PMs the same way? Russ has expressed several times that he prefers people to use site feedback. It doesn't take more time for you to send it, and in my experience you get a reply most of the time, sometimes almost immediately, sometimes after a few days, rarely after a few weeks or months, depending on the nature of the issue and probably the workload and number of messages the site administrators get at that time. For matters of forum moderation I have found it to be rather useless though, because they will most likely just refer you back to the forum moderators.
  10. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 00:27
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Why do you consider site feedback to be a complete waste of your time, but apparently don't see PMs the same way? Russ has expressed several times that he prefers people to use site feedback. It doesn't take more time for you to send it, and in my experience you get a reply most of the time, sometimes almost immediately, sometimes after a few days, rarely af ...[text shortened]... her useless though, because they will most likely just refer you back to the forum moderators.
    I see you only address the feedback - 🙁
    I never address my thoughts to the sales assistant but to the manager, why deal with the monkey
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 01:011 edit
    Maybe because you answered the other part yourself with your initial post.

Some people need EVERYTHING spelled out to them.
  12. The sky
    Moves
    09 Dec '08 01:16
    I never address my thoughts to the sales assistant but to the manager, why deal with the monkey
    I addressed the other point in reply to no1.

Feedback goes to Russ and Chris who own the site together. I don't see what's your problem with that if you don't have a problem sending PMs to Russ.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 09:231 edit

[/b]
    Thread 95899

Nearly all feedback will get a response eventually.
  14. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 13:45
    Originally posted by Russ
    Thread 95899

"Nearly"...i like it 😉
  15. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 20:18
    Originally posted by Russ
    Thread 95899

Jie is still waiting response from his site feedback request - Where is his response to the site feedback.

Why has Jie have been locked out of the forums for asking questions about being insulted.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree