Predictive Moves...

Predictive Moves...

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mxz

Moves
26 Jul 08

Predictive Moves….

I thought I was aware of a rumor several months ago that a feature allowing a player to set up a response to an assumed move was being worked on. Meaning I open 1. e4 and set it that if 1… c5 then RHP will automatically move 2. Nf3 for me.

Any word on that?

F

Moves
27 Jul 08

Originally posted by meta x zen
Predictive Moves….

I thought I was aware of a rumor several months ago that a feature allowing a player to set up a response to an assumed move was being worked on. Meaning I open 1. e4 and set it that if 1… c5 then RHP will automatically move 2. Nf3 for me.

Any word on that?
The term at RHP is "Conditional Moves". It is already up and running as a beta test for a test team. I think it works quite well.

When it will go live, Russ only know.

CeSinge

Brussels, Belgium

Moves
03 Aug 08

I didn't double check, but it seems like it's almost there for many months now...
😕

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
04 Aug 08
1 edit

withdrawn

CeSinge

Brussels, Belgium

Moves
04 Aug 08

Originally posted by coquette
withdrawn
You mean Russ abandoned this otherwise good idea?

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
04 Aug 08

Originally posted by CeSinge
You mean Russ abandoned this otherwise good idea?
No, not at all. I actually made a humorous comment and withdrew it so that I wouldn't offend the admins. I was going to make some comment about how long the implementation might take. Sorry.

u

Moves
05 Aug 08

Originally posted by CeSinge
I didn't double check, but it seems like it's almost there for many months now...
😕
Can you tell other how you use this?

CeSinge

Brussels, Belgium

Moves
05 Aug 08

Originally posted by udayak
You can't.
For months, if not over a year, Russ told us he's working on it and I understood some people had the opportunity to test it, but it's unfortunately not there.
Really unfortunate, as it could speed up boring ends of games quite a bit.

From what I could read, I have the feeling Russ tries to make it too complex, where you could even program several alternatives, and you corresponding move(s). I think most of us would be really happy with a simple thing: if the opponent does this, play that for me. Period.

Perhaps Russ should somehow force more people to register and pay to play, so he could afford another developer....

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
05 Aug 08

Originally posted by udayak
Send feedback requesting to become a beta tester.

Then, instructions can be found here...
http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=70509&page=6

It's not great in it's current state, TBH.

D

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
05 Aug 08

Originally posted by coquette
No, not at all. I actually made a humorous comment and withdrew it so that I wouldn't offend the admins. I was going to make some comment about how long the implementation might take. Sorry.
No need to worry about that, you guys help fund this operation, so feel free to beat me up about stuff whenever you want. 🙂

-Russ

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
05 Aug 08

Originally posted by Russ
No need to worry about that, you guys help fund this operation, so feel free to beat me up about stuff whenever you want. 🙂

-Russ
I hate cows. And monkeys. 😠

N

The sky

Moves
06 Aug 08

-Russ
You should add that to the subscription page! People will queue to get the right to beat you up!

"If you like playing chess at 'Time For Chess', please consider becoming a subscriber. The 'Time For Chess' community depends on subscribers for its continued existence and improvement, and for the nominal subscription fee (less than 60 cents a week if paid annually), all of the site's features will be available to you. These include the following:
* No more annoying ads.
The complete removal of all adverts from this site. No longer will ads distract you from your games.
* Unlimited concurrent games.
Play as many simultaneous games as you are comfortable with - without restriction.
* Enter tournaments.
Compete in the highly competitive 'Time For Chess' tournaments.
* Join Clans.
Play exciting team based play in 'Time For Chess' clans.
* Beat up the site administrators.
Feel free to beat Russ up about stuff whenever you want."

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
06 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Nordlys
You should add that to the subscription page! People will queue to get the right to beat you up!

"If you like playing chess at 'Time For Chess', please consider becoming a subscriber. The 'Time For Chess' community depends on subscribers for its continued existence and improvement, and for the nominal subscription fee (less than 60 cents a week if paid an p the site administrators.
Feel free to beat Russ up about stuff whenever you want."
Good thought, Nordlys, but it also needs to include his home address. This would greatly facilitate the beatings.

EDIT: LMAO at that image--Russ getting a daily smack-down from yet another knuckle-dragger who doesn't understand the en passant rule.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
06 Aug 08

-Russ
.....so how much are we still short? 😛