Printable mini-boards

Printable mini-boards

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MS

Under Cover

Moves
20 Jul 07

I'd really like a way of putting your games in progress into a printable page of miniboards so I could carry them with me. The only way I can do this at the moment is to print them individually, or to use the old print screen, which is not the best. I've tried cutting and pasting the miniboards to a Word document, but the boards get lost in the transition.

P

Moves
20 Jul 07

Not a bad idea at all.

A
Sloth's First King

Mansfield, England

Moves
21 Jul 07

Yeah, this is a great idea and would be very helpful for me too.

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
21 Jul 07

I love that idea. It would obviously be great for analysing middlegames and searching for tactics. It would be like working puzzles but having them apply to your own game! 😉

Seriously, though, it would be a fantastic feature. Recc'd.

DS

Moves
21 Jul 07

I tried it with a printscreen program I have but the most you can get is 4 on the page.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9493/chesssssssqa0.jpg

A dark cave

Moves
23 Jul 07

Stirling idea. I could really use this feature. I find the best time to meditate on chess is when I'm on the loo, and having a few games to mull over would be perfect. Is it possible to do this already by printing off the view of your public games? I'm going to try it now.

A dark cave

Moves
23 Jul 07

Yes, it works, although you don't get to select which games. You have to go to your profile, then into your public games, then print in landscape view. Does that meet your needs?

MS

Under Cover

Moves
23 Jul 07

Originally posted by GarethNicholls
Yes, it works, although you don't get to select which games. You have to go to your profile, then into your public games, then print in landscape view. Does that meet your needs?
Not really, I can only get 4 boards per page like that, and I'm not actually even seeing the boards, just their outlines. I was hoping for 6-8 miniboards per page, following the same format as the public games page.

A dark cave

Moves
23 Jul 07

Originally posted by BLReid
Not really, I can only get 4 boards per page like that, and I'm not actually even seeing the boards, just their outlines. I was hoping for 6-8 miniboards per page, following the same format as the public games page.
I got 6 games per page, and the full board with pieces. Are you sure you used landscape? I did this from the public games page, by selecting print from the browser's file menu. It should print out roughly as you see it, like you can print any web page. I'm using Internet Explorer, so I don't know if that makes a difference?

DS

Moves
23 Jul 07

Originally posted by BLReid
Try it with
http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
which is a freeware program - set it to print a rectangular area and you can get 6 boards on like this: http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/8549/chessx6oi1.jpg

Gadwin does not contain spyware/malware - I've used it for years.