Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 08 Aug '11 01:32
    maybe it's been mentioned before. i'd like to see a private chat for each match, maybe right under the chess board. with option to disable in case some don't want to be bothered.
    i think this will encourage more communication between players and possibly build friendships.
  2. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    08 Aug '11 02:08
    You mean something different from the "message opponent" chat function which already exists?
  3. 08 Aug '11 02:34
    interesting. i must have suffered some kind of mental block there. would you believe i never noticed that until you brought it up?
  4. 08 Aug '11 09:27
    While I have been known to use the "message opponent" it would be nice to have chat history against a game, or even opponent. If to be by game it could be held in the pgn as comment. My, getting senile, brain has trouble remembering a conversation with, possibly, month long gaps between contacts and so many possible threads of conversation.
  5. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    08 Aug '11 11:39
    That's also alrerady there -the tab "message log"
  6. 08 Aug '11 13:12
    Great I forgot about that; though it would also be useful if it indicated when there was a conversation otherwise I have to click it every time to check. Also I mainly use the android app nowadays so ...
  7. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    08 Aug '11 15:25
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    maybe it's been mentioned before. i'd like to see a private chat for each match, maybe right under the chess board. with option to disable in case some don't want to be bothered.
    i think this will encourage more communication between players and possibly build friendships.
    I like this idea, also a resign option might be nice.
  8. 08 Aug '11 16:29
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I like this idea, also a resign option might be nice.
    i'd like the option to make my horsey able jump over the little prawns.
  9. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    08 Aug '11 17:09
    Originally posted by trev33
    i'd like the option to make my horsey able jump over the little prawns.
    No, I don't like chess variants.
  10. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    09 Aug '11 01:20
    Originally posted by Bael
    While I have been known to use the "message opponent" it would be nice to have chat history against a game, or even opponent. If to be by game it could be held in the pgn as comment. My, getting senile, brain has trouble remembering a conversation with, possibly, month long gaps between contacts and so many possible threads of conversation.
    We used to have a screen-wide "message log" which could be copied and pasted elsewhere. Unfortunately it disappeared during one of the "upgrades". The current version isn't capable of this manoeuvre.