1. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 01:32
    maybe it's been mentioned before. i'd like to see a private chat for each match, maybe right under the chess board. with option to disable in case some don't want to be bothered.
    i think this will encourage more communication between players and possibly build friendships.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 02:08
    You mean something different from the "message opponent" chat function which already exists?
  3. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 02:34
    interesting. i must have suffered some kind of mental block there. would you believe i never noticed that until you brought it up?
  4. Hell
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 09:27
    While I have been known to use the "message opponent" it would be nice to have chat history against a game, or even opponent. If to be by game it could be held in the pgn as comment. My, getting senile, brain has trouble remembering a conversation with, possibly, month long gaps between contacts and so many possible threads of conversation.
  5. Subscribervendaonline
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 11:39
    That's also alrerady there -the tab "message log"
  6. Hell
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 13:12
    Great I forgot about that; though it would also be useful if it indicated when there was a conversation otherwise I have to click it every time to check. Also I mainly use the android app nowadays so ...
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 15:25
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    maybe it's been mentioned before. i'd like to see a private chat for each match, maybe right under the chess board. with option to disable in case some don't want to be bothered.
    i think this will encourage more communication between players and possibly build friendships.
    I like this idea, also a resign option might be nice.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 16:29
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I like this idea, also a resign option might be nice.
    i'd like the option to make my horsey able jump over the little prawns.
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    08 Aug '11 17:09
    Originally posted by trev33
    i'd like the option to make my horsey able jump over the little prawns.
    No, I don't like chess variants.
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    09 Aug '11 01:20
    Originally posted by Bael
    While I have been known to use the "message opponent" it would be nice to have chat history against a game, or even opponent. If to be by game it could be held in the pgn as comment. My, getting senile, brain has trouble remembering a conversation with, possibly, month long gaps between contacts and so many possible threads of conversation.
    We used to have a screen-wide "message log" which could be copied and pasted elsewhere. Unfortunately it disappeared during one of the "upgrades". The current version isn't capable of this manoeuvre.