1. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 19:44
    Can we give clan leaders the ability to moderate their private forum. Not for editing naughty comments etc but in case they make a teaching thread which is no longer appropriate or needs updating. The ability to edit thread titles would also be good.

While I'm here, how about the ability to post a sticky thread.

Basically I would like the ability to organise my clans forum so it is easy for players to use it to share teaching tools etc.

Thanks for your support

John
  2. Standard memberEAPOE
    Earl of Rochester
    Restoration London
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 00:34
    Originally posted by Horsey
    Can we give clan leaders the ability to moderate their private forum. Not for editing naughty comments etc but in case they make a teaching thread which is no longer appropriate or needs updating. The ability to edit thread titles would also be good.

Basically I would like the ability to ...[text shortened]... t is easy for players to use it to share teaching tools etc.

Thanks for your support

John
    Clan leaders can warn members if they post inappropriately and also have the power to evict members.
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 05:38
    Originally posted by EAPOE
    Clan leaders can warn members if they post inappropriately and also have the power to evict members.
    That's not why I want to moderate. More because I'd like to edit my own threads more than an hour later. Sometimes I introduce a thread with some coaching ideas and learn more later.... I want to add links to other threads and to games to make it easier to understand and learn from. You can only do this by adding a new post which can make the thread much harder to follow.

Go on - let the clan leaders edit their threads in the private forum anytime and make sticky threads...please:'(:'(
  4. Swansea
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 17:10

Basically I would like the ability to ...[text shortened]... t is easy for players to use it to share teaching tools etc.

Thanks for your support

John
    This is a great idea and I would love to have this function on the site 🙂

Good one Horsey!
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 13:40
    Failing the ability for clan leaders to become a moderator how do I become a RHP moderator. This will allow me to do what I am hoping for in my clan forums. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm going to hit alert moderator to make sure you see this - sorry if that's bad practice
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 14:17
    Failing the ability for clan leaders to become a moderator how do I become a RHP moderator. This will allow me to do what I am hoping for in my clan forums. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm going to hit alert moderator to make sure you see this - sorry if that's bad practice
    I'm a moderator, and I am not able to erase, or edit threads in a private forum. They are treated as private, and not subject to changes like you're looking for.

P-
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 17:54
    Thanks for the reply - guess I'll just keep campaigning for no time limit on edits in private forums
  8. The sky
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 18:18
    Thanks for the reply - guess I'll just keep campaigning for no time limit on edits in private forums
    Why only in the private forums? The time limit for edits never made any sense to me (I have never seen that in other forums either). I think it should also be possible to delete your own posts. That would spare the mods some work, too.
  9. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 20:30

Thanks for your support

John
    Great idea, Horsey. (rec'd)

I think that if we had a small amount of mod power in the private forums we could merge alike threads, and do general "housekeeping" things.

Perhaps we should ask for a dustpan and brush too!
  10. The sky
    Moves
    30 Jan '07 20:37
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    Great idea, Horsey. (rec'd)

I think that if we had a small amount of mod power in the private forums we could merge alike threads, and do general "housekeeping" things.

Perhaps we should ask for a dustpan and brush too!
    And a fire extinguisher!
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 08:251 edit
    Come on clan leaders, you know you want to take the time limit off edits in the private forums. I know TheGambit does so when Writing Under The Influence he can Edit when Sober the next day. Who else wants the time lmit taken off Edits?
  12. Earth Prime
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 02:57
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I'm a moderator, and I am not able to erase, or edit threads in a private forum. They are treated as private, and not subject to changes like you're looking for.

P-
    you used to be able to

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree