1. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 10:43
    i've found at least 3...

problem 1. if you are on chess@work (not sure about rhc or tfc) and you do the google search, and you click on a link to a page-the page'll be on rhp (where you're not logged on)

problem 2. if you search for the posts by a certain person and there is more than one page of results, if you click on the link to another page then you get a page outwith what you searched for (i think it's, like, if you click on page 2 you get page 2 of that person's total threads...so, like, super old ones...)

problem 3. on the search page, if you click on the "forums" or "my settings" pull down menu, the dates in the "search by author" bit cover them over...

so-well-yeah...
  2. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 12:05
    I have the feeling that Google (and all other search engines too: I've tried them all) have started to remove links to forum threads over <x> days old. A shame, as when we first started using Google to search RHP forums it did a darn good job. Now it is frankly quite hopeless and I have long since stopped using anything other than my ever-reducing memory to recall previous theads.

Worse things happen at sea though.
    Apparently.
  3. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 15:24
    i can't actually remember why i was using it, but there was a reason...i used it a couple of times, but it'd come up with peoples profiles and stuff too...which got a tad irratiting...
  4. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 08:33
    searching the rhp-forums is a real pain as mentioned above, plus I have the feeling that Russ removed old threads especially in the Anouncements-Forum

Gotti
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 11:44
    Originally posted by genius
    i've found at least 3...

problem 1. if you are on chess@work (not sure about rhc or tfc) and you do the google search, and you click on a link to a page-the page'll be on rhp (where you're not logged on)

problem 2. if you search for the posts by a certain person and there is more than one page of results, if you click on the link to another page then ...[text shortened]... pull down menu, the dates in the "search by author" bit cover them over...

so-well-yeah...
    problem 4. to search for posts up to a date, say today, you have to select the following day's date, tomorrow, from the drop down box.

problem 5. If you search for a posts by a certain poster, with no date criteria, then it only gives at most 20 pages of results, starting with that persons first post.

D
  6. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 12:18
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

problem 5. If you search for a posts by a certain poster, with no date criteria, then it only gives at most 20 pages of results, starting with that persons first post.

D
    i think that's so that you don't overload the server...some people have had waaaaaaaaaaay to many posts...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree