1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 May '05 19:19
    Would anyone miss the navigation feature on the profile graphs?

I am considering introducing a proper graph (an image), which will show rating over time with the x-axis fixed at daily intervals.

So, would this be upgrade or a downgrade in your opinion?

Keep in mind that if I do use a graph I may well be able to map on other stats such as the number of moves each day too.

-Russ
  2. Standard memberRookRAK
    Out of drinks
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    08 May '05 19:23
    I think the improved graph is more than fair trade-off for loss of navigation. I say sure!
  3. Standard memberOuermyhte
    Muffy rocks your God
    Stars
    Moves
    08 May '05 19:28
    I dont know, i use the navigational feature quite a lot.
    Would it not be possible to have a link to the old graph as well?
  4. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '05 19:291 edit
    Agreed, I never use the navigation function at all, it's too fiddly once you've played over 300 games.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 May '05 19:34
    Originally posted by Ouermyhte
    I dont know, i use the navigational feature quite a lot.
    Would it not be possible to have a link to the old graph as well?
    No reason why this could not happen, but I would prefer to retire it if possible. I would definitely make it an option early on during any switch anyway.

-Russ
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    08 May '05 19:39
    Is there any chance of adding a horizontal (overall average) line to the graph? I think it would be useful.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 May '05 19:44
    If we dump the current graph, I could generate a graph over night, which could show any stats you like. (Within reason)

-Russ
  8. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '05 19:501 edit
    I'd still like a pie chart that showed your wins and loss split into rating bands.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 May '05 19:53
    Originally posted by Russ
    Would anyone miss the navigation feature on the profile graphs?

I am considering introducing a proper graph (an image), which will show rating over time with the x-axis fixed at daily intervals.

So, would this be upgrade or a downgrade in your opinion?

Keep in mind that if I do use a graph I may well be able to map on other stats such as the number of moves each day too.

-Russ
    I always use the navigation feature on the ratings graph.

As the genius code monkey that you are, could u not use a linked image map to include the navigation feature in a proper image graph? I'm sure that algorithm isn't as hard as one might think.

D
  10. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '05 20:08
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I always use the navigation feature on the ratings graph.

As the genius code monkey that you are, could u not use a linked image map to include the navigation feature in a proper image graph? I'm sure that algorithm isn't as hard as one might think.

D
    I'm intrigued - when do you use it / why? What I really don't like about it is that when you click on it and the games come up it displays the ratings as they are now and not as they were when the game ended.
  11. An airport near you
    Moves
    08 May '05 20:31
    Originally posted by Exy
    I'm intrigued - when do you use it / why? What I really don't like about it is that when you click on it and the games come up it displays the ratings as they are now and not as they were when the game ended.
    But on the graph itself it shows the rating of the opponent at the time you played them. I find it a great way to quickly check on opponents games against good opponents both for their general standard of play and for their opening repetoire. I don't find the 'view all public games' options any good for this.
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 May '05 20:54
    Originally posted by Exy
    Primarily, I use it to play a game kind of like the game 'Find the needle in the haystack', I call it 'Find the skeeter victory against a 2000+ player which isn't a timeout'. A fiendishly difficult game of skill, logic, perseverence and patience. 😉

On a more serious note, if I want to have a look at an opponent, good player, suspicious player, I'll look through the graph looking at big rating drops/climbs and look through the games in question. It is an essential part of my RHP experience, and it would be a serious downgrade in my mind to lose it.

Such and Such's public games isn't of much use to me, as its very very slow to navigate with all the images.

D

13. Earth Prime
    Moves
    08 May '05 20:54
    Definately clicking that graph is easier than looking through people's public games.
  14. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '05 20:581 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Primarily, I use it to play a game kind of like the game 'Find the needle in the haystack', I call it 'Find the skeeter victory against a 2000+ player which isn't a timeout'. A fiendishly difficult game of skill, logic, perseverence ...[text shortened]... e, as its very very slow to navigate with all the images.

D

Well, I agree for quickly studying over players games it's very handy, perhaps there could be an additional stats page for more detailed review of your own performance, something that combines the info in the My Performance page with a few graph / pie chart options.
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 May '05 21:10
    Originally posted by Exy
    Well, I agree for quickly studying over players games it's very handy, perhaps there could be an additional stats page for more detailed review of your own performance, something that combines the info in the My Performance page with a few graph / pie chart options.
    Oh right, you're talking about the graph on your own profile page?

I never ever use it for looking through my own games, only others.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree