1. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Oct '09 07:19
    Clan Challenges using multiple clan members to play in one challenge.

anything from 2 up to 20 man challenges that require all members that enter to move but everyone plays in the same game....opposed to multiples games , everyone progressively moves in the same game when its there turn.

would be great for clan and CLUB features.

please ideas here.???
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 07:02
    I am 120% behind this idea, if the feature could shedule players to move it would provide some great in - clan interest.

A tournament feature would also be great - within a clan you could have mini teams based on some grouping eg. for an ozzie clan we could base the competition on state of origin, football codes etc.

Gratz to RHP on all the recent changes too the site and functionality is growing in leaps and bounds
  3. Far side of crazy...
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 10:57
    yeah ditto.... some of us gave this idea a run amd it's a lotta fun.... probably smaller teams work better like 3-5 clan members per team moving in sequential order....
  4. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 12:16
    I think this type could be organised like the consultation games. Due to TOS I suggest to make unrated gamne, though.
  5. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 13:36
    I like the idea as it is also likely to improve private forum communications.
    Rec'd
    So many others in favour so why is mine the first rec ??
  6. Joined
    09 Sep '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 23:52
    This would be worthwhile feature - the progressive game idea not only has the potential to generate clan/club interest but also offer a positive way for people of varying skills to 'mix' together. You meet many nice people on this site and but in the end chess is a competative game and I am sure we have all felt a little 'guilty' at going for the kill after striking up a 'chat'. People would have chance to 'play on the same side'.

Of course there is also the learning angle. Watching a game closely and seeing how the more experience players move would be a boon for newer members.
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 05:49
    Heck, make them rated games! LOL
  8. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 08:49
    Originally posted by coquette
    Heck, make them rated games! LOL
    to whose rating the points should go?

the work around would be to assigne th clans ratings for this type of game 😉
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 17:091 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    to whose rating the points should go?

the work around would be to assigne th clans ratings for this type of game 😉
    One solution is to have a clan proxy player, one per clan, and that can only be used for this purpose. It would not be possible to login as this player. Ratings could then apply.

It certainly would make this feature far easier to implement.
  10. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 20:51
    Originally posted by Russ
    One solution is to have a clan proxy player, one per clan, and that can only be used for this purpose. It would not be possible to login as this player. Ratings could then apply.

If it wouldn't be seen as brownnosing I would rec that post 😉
  11. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 00:06

I understand what you mean but using a proxy player is already available under the current system.
    My understanding from the original idea is that each player can move when their turn thereby once agreeing to participate they must continue.
    The proxy player method starts off well but as the game progresses the number of participants reduces :'(
  12. Far side of crazy...
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 10:00
    can you guys please elaborate on how the clan proxy player works?
  13. Standard memberbarstudd
    dinky-di Aussie
    Australia
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 00:10
    Originally posted by theundertaker
    can you guys please elaborate on how the clan proxy player works?
    same here u/t....the best I could to find out was look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 16:54
    My meaning was just a player that represents the clan. In everyway it is the same as any "human" player on the site. But it can be used for one pupose only.

The clan votes for this player's moves. Its moves are submitted not through the regular interface, but via automatic processes, such as voting system in this case.
  15. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    03 Nov '09 21:03
    My meaning was just a player that represents the clan. In everyway it is the same as any "human" player on the site. But it can be used for one pupose only.

The clan votes for this player's moves. Its moves are submitted not through the regular interface, but via automatic processes, such as voting system in this case.
    Whats the (big) difference of this with consultation games as we know it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree