1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    01 Jun '07 16:17
    To free up a wodge of usernames, purge all users who never even started a game / made a forum post.

    I wonder how many of these there are? Must be lots.
  2. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Joined
    19 Jan '07
    Moves
    72358
    01 Jun '07 16:33
    Originally posted by rhb
    To free up a wodge of usernames, purge all users who never even started a game / made a forum post.

    I wonder how many of these there are? Must be lots.
    Dear God, rhp! i agree with whatever you say sweetcheeks!
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    889970
    01 Jun '07 17:21
    Why not purge (1) 0 activity players after 30 days, freeing up names and giving a more realistic rating and ranking status, and (2) purging players with no activity after 2 years of inactivity (by this, I mean not even an email saying that they intend to return, or an advanced announcement that they are "taking a leave of absence" for a specified period of time). I'd allow up to 5 or 10 years for the "leave of absence." Plausible reasons: International travel for missionary work, completing a doctoral dissertation, doing a medical residency . . things like that. It's not that someone cannot find a few minutes to send an email, but rather, that they need to go "cold turkey" away from RHP to keep from being tempted to "enter just one or two matches," and then ending up with only three or four, but five isn't so bad, then finding that they actually have 50 games going, what's another 10, ooops, I have 130! How did this happen? Sound familiar?🙂
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    01 Jun '07 18:27
    Originally posted by coquette
    Why not purge (1) 0 activity players after 30 days, freeing up names and giving a more realistic rating and ranking status, and (2) purging players with no activity after 2 years of inactivity (by this, I mean not even an email saying that they intend to return, or an advanced announcement that they are "taking a leave of absence" for a specified period of ...[text shortened]... going, what's another 10, ooops, I have 130! How did this happen? Sound familiar?🙂
    You can't remove/purge a player if they played a game. That would mess up game archives, graphs, etc.

    You can purge players who have not moved in a game or posted in the forum.

    P-
  5. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Joined
    19 Jan '07
    Moves
    72358
    01 Jun '07 19:55
    Originally posted by coquette
    Why not purge (1) 0 activity players after 30 days, freeing up names and giving a more realistic rating and ranking status, and (2) purging players with no activity after 2 years of inactivity (by this, I mean not even an email saying that they intend to return, or an advanced announcement that they are "taking a leave of absence" for a specified period of ...[text shortened]... going, what's another 10, ooops, I have 130! How did this happen? Sound familiar?🙂
    What was the question?
    I don'i care!
    I'm with you Cokie!
    You actually have 100 games in progress? You go girl!
    Ever try Fly fishing?
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    889970
    01 Jun '07 19:55
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You can't remove/purge a player if they played a game. That would mess up game archives, graphs, etc.

    You can purge players who have not moved in a game or posted in the forum.

    P-
    oh yeah, thanks.
  7. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Joined
    19 Jan '07
    Moves
    72358
    01 Jun '07 21:11
    Originally posted by rhb
    To free up a wodge of usernames, purge all users who never even started a game / made a forum post.

    I wonder how many of these there are? Must be lots.
    Wodge????
    Are you sure you don't mean wedgy???
  8. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Joined
    19 Jan '07
    Moves
    72358
    02 Jun '07 17:15
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yes! I'm only trying to learn from the best

    Do you think rhp is really a transexual?
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    93899
    03 Jun '07 01:58
    Pity about the last 3 morons - let's get back to the topic.

    Maybe we could have automatic timeouts applied to all those who haven't requested a legitimate absence, say after 365 days. The vacation-booking could have an option to notify such legitimate absence.
  10. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    03 Jun '07 06:40
    Originally posted by smw6869
    Wodge????
    Are you sure you don't mean wedgy???
    Keep taking those Meds, then come back when you have something constructive to add.
  11. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Joined
    19 Jan '07
    Moves
    72358
    04 Jun '07 04:50
    Originally posted by rhb
    Keep taking those Meds, then come back when you have something constructive to add.
    Gracious sakes alive! with a wodge like that how can one think of anything constructive! How did you know about the meds?
  12. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    889970
    04 Jun '07 05:49
    Originally posted by smw6869
    What was the question?
    I don'i care!
    I'm with you Cokie!
    You actually have 100 games in progress? You go girl!
    Ever try Fly fishing?
    ewwwwwwwwwwww . .putting worms on a hook is sooooo gross
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    04 Jun '07 12:01
    Originally posted by coquette
    ewwwwwwwwwwww . .putting worms on a hook is sooooo gross
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that you meant that. 😀

    D
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    04 Jun '07 13:26
    Originally posted by coquette
    ewwwwwwwwwwww . .putting worms on a hook is sooooo gross
    Worms don't fly, and are not used for fly fishing.

    P-
  15. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Joined
    19 Jan '07
    Moves
    72358
    04 Jun '07 20:07
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Worms don't fly, and are not used for fly fishing.

    P-
    You're sooo cute.... i think!
    You can use worms to fly fish, but you won't catch flies, only fish However, if you use a fly on your hook you'll still only catch fish. So, you're are correct either way! But then, who cares, RED!
Back to Top