Putting the Age on profiles and avatars

Putting the Age on profiles and avatars

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

Moves
29 May 06

Originally posted by shavixmir
As I said before, I believe the age limit is for legal reasons.
I know, I'm simply saying it's not very effictive.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
29 May 06

Originally posted by abejnood
I know, I'm simply saying it's not very effictive.
And what would you have the site do?

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
29 May 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
And what would you have the site do?
It doesn't need to be effective.
It's just if some parent decides to sue, then the site can say: "Hey...we complied to official demands."

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
29 May 06

It doesn't need to be effective.
It's just if some parent decides to sue, then the site can say: "Hey...we complied to official demands."
Yeah pretty much.

Moves
30 May 06
1 edit

Thirdly, I totally oppose an adult uncensored forum clan concept. It will only divide up more issues, make other forums less interesting and will turn into a swear-fest, where swearing is no longer to accenturate something, but has actually become the goal.
How is this clan making the other forums "less interesting"? Since it's inception there has been no obvious change in the content, or participation, in general/public forums. Your argument, which I do not agree with, should be directed to all private clan forums then, not one.

As for our private clan "swearing": Of course we swear to accentuate something, or pound the point home. It is not our "goal" to simply swear. We aren't posting one liners to say "F...!", or "C..kS....r!", or anything like that, unless of course it's in shocked response to a previous post, or jubilous agreement, such as "F... yeah!!". Where you get this idea of yours is a mystery, as I don't recall you taking part, or gaining entry to date. Anything else you've heard is hearsay.

As for minors in general on this site/posting "age" in profile: I see no way for other members with normal priviledges to ensure the age of members, primarily *nonsubscribing* members. However, paying members, or subscribers, must pay for their subscription. Unless parents (those whom you are worried may *sue* the site) are fronting the bill for their childrens' memberships, I think it's fairly safe to assume most subscribers are paying by check or credit card, and at least 18 years old. Parents paying for *any* membership online are responsible for what their children are viewing online.

Nonsubscribors are not able to join clans, (if they are, none are in the UA clan,) and that is one way to screen out minors. We review profiles, forum post history, and have requested pictures as well to prevent those under 18 from joining. If there is doubt, they will be, and have been, denied.