Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

1. 24 Sep '07 22:01
    when you look at the ranking could there not be a feature that would show where you rank among all the users
  2. Standard member Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    24 Sep '07 22:02
    Originally posted by John1916
    when you look at the ranking could there not be a feature that would show where you rank among all the users
    Find me.

D
  3. Standard member Lukerik
    Stick your hands up
    24 Sep '07 23:48
    Originally posted by John1916
    Until you shed your provisional rating you only have 'find me' on map of the month and most active.
  4. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    25 Sep '07 00:14 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Lukerik
    Until you shed your provisional rating you only have 'find me' on map of the month and most active.
    Rankings updated every hour.

Provisionally rated players are excluded from the rating table.

Provisional ratings (< 20 rated games complete) prefixed by a 'p'.

Non-movers in the last 100 days are not ranked.
  5. Standard member Virtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    25 Sep '07 14:32
    Is there going to be a ranking for blitz?
  6. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    25 Sep '07 17:37
    Originally posted by Virtue76
    Is there going to be a ranking for blitz?
    Eventually. It's a work in progress at the moment but it's a mammoth task as it basically involves re-coding the entire Blitz system.

Put it on your Christmas list and Santa might bring it.
  7. Standard member yo its me
    watch the acid...
    25 Sep '07 22:46
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Eventually. It's a work in progress at the moment but it's a mammoth task as it basically involves re-coding the entire Blitz system.

Put it on your Christmas list and Santa might bring it.
    Oh no I think it's best unrated, just for fun don't you?

Besides I am always loosing the blitz games, and it could take my number down even lower

Or I'd have to stop playing the blitz games and that's not an idea I like either.
  8. 25 Sep '07 23:01
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Oh no I think it's best unrated, just for fun don't you?

Besides I am always loosing the blitz games, and it could take my number down even lower

Or I'd have to stop playing the blitz games and that's not an idea I like either.
    It would be a separate rating, so it wouldn't bring your CC rating down. And I would expect that you'll also be able to choose to play unrated blitz games, like you can now with CC games. But I see your point, I also like that the blitz games are all unrated. It makes it a bit easier to get over my blitzophobia (although I still haven't played more than four or five games).
  9. Standard member yo its me
    watch the acid...
    25 Sep '07 23:08
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    It would be a separate rating, so it wouldn't bring your CC rating down. And I would expect that you'll also be able to choose to play unrated blitz games, like you can now with CC games. But I see your point, I also like that the blitz games are all unrated. It makes it a bit easier to get over my blitzophobia (although I still haven't played more than four or five games).
    Separate? Oh okay then that's fine.

I rarely have an unrated game in the regular chess. But it's nice to not have that presure, when I do.

I usually play similar rated players, where as in the blitz it's whoever excepts my challange........