1. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 23:36
    How about having a rating graph (entire rating history, not just last 300) in the My Performance area? It would fit in well there, as you can track your performance, which the section is named after. It wouldn't have to be as big as the one in the profiles, just compressed. Not a a clickable graph like the profile one, just something so we can track how we play and get better/worse over time. Although dates (maybe year and months grouped into 3's above) would be handy, along with rating bars on the side (increments of 1 or 2 hundred at a time), so you can tell what's what.
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 23:43
    great idea. why not a "selection" button.

all time
    last 300
    last 100 or whatever
  3. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 23:47
    Originally posted by coquette
    great idea. why not a "selection" button.

all time
    last 300
    last 100 or whatever
    Well, it seems like it would require a lot of space (as in programming), not like I know anything about it, but just trying to make things easier. But, now thinking about it, why not be able to select two points within the graph, 300 games apart from each other? Loading the page to an area where it enlarges the graph like the one in the profile, and could select specific games from there? It doesn't seem like it would be any different than loading a profile, and would confine everything nicely in one space.
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 00:15
    Definitely the idea to select a range would be great.

I figure it would be a bit of an effort programming-wise, but it definitely would be a welcomed addition to the site.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 06:45
    ...and at the same time - get rid of unnecessary green in the graph.

The graph should only go from the minimum rating of the last 300 games to the maximum ditto. Not from historical minimum and maximum.
  6. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 06:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 08:21

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 16:27
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    With a glance you can see his trend. But to see his actual rating, you have to study the graph more closely.

What information brings to you when you see a 2100 member having a graph starting from 1200 in rating 3 years from now? We all start at 1200. Some goes up, some goes down.

But it's not a big deal. I can live without it.
  9. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 05:09
    Bump.
  10. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 05:54
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    How about having a rating graph (entire rating history, not just last 300) in the My Performance area? It would fit in well there, as you can track your performance, which the section is named after. It wouldn't have to be as big as the one in the profiles, just compressed. Not a a clickable graph like the profile one, just something so we can track how ...[text shortened]... ating bars on the side (increments of 1 or 2 hundred at a time), so you can tell what's what.
    Why can't the graph be clickable just like the graph in the profile, but have arrows below the graph that would look at x number of games at one time? That way you could see all of the player's games but not at one time.
  11. Cardiff
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 09:10
    Superb idea, this will give you a true idea of an opponents capabilities and progress. Also a great tracker for yourself, reduce the green and have a plot graph to watch your own progress and development as a chess player since joining the site.
  12. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 03:43
    Originally posted by beatlemania
    Why can't the graph be clickable just like the graph in the profile, but have arrows below the graph that would look at x number of games at one time? That way you could see all of the player's games but not at one time.
    See my second post. I suggest something like showing the full graph, but be able to select a spot, and select another spot which changes the page to a page like your profile, with the 300 game range you selected. It wouldn't be any different than opening a profile and shouldn't cause a big problem with programming.
  13. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    21 Aug '07 03:26
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    How about having a rating graph (entire rating history, not just last 300) in the My Performance area? It would fit in well there, as you can track your performance, which the section is named after. It wouldn't have to be as big as the one in the profiles, just compressed. Not a a clickable graph like the profile one, just something so we can track how ...[text shortened]... ating bars on the side (increments of 1 or 2 hundred at a time), so you can tell what's what.
    If I am not mistaken the graph would be too large for many players because each game takes one pixel width or something like that. I do belive Russ or Cris mentioned it having to do with size constraints.
  14. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    21 Aug '07 04:27
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    If I am not mistaken the graph would be too large for many players because each game takes one pixel width or something like that. I do belive Russ or Cris mentioned it having to do with size constraints.
    Hmm, I wasn't aware of that. I was thinking of compressing it to a very small size, maybe something about the size of these message boxes, and maybe a little shorter, just to get a rough idea of the ups and downs. And when the points are selected, it would open up a page with the graph now the size of the regular profile graph. If you put two or three games worth of graph, which shouldn't change the the overall look of the graph (again, it would be just a rough picture, until the game range is selected), it seems like it could save on space. I'm not sure though...I'll send feedback sometime.
  15. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    01 Sep '07 09:04
    Bump

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree