1. Northern Virginia
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 05:43
    I'd be curious to see a graphic that displays the distribution of ratings across the RHP community. I'm guessing it would be roughly Gaussian in shape (lots of players rated in the 1000-1400 range, few >2000 or <800). For practicality it would include only the "active" players (the 5000-6000 in the Player Tables), and omit those with provisional ratings.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 08:24
    Originally posted by Dr Rocks
    I'd be curious to see a graphic that displays the distribution of ratings across the RHP community. I'm guessing it would be roughly Gaussian in shape (lots of players rated in the 1000-1400 range, few >2000 or <800). For practicality it would include only the "active" players (the 5000-6000 in the Player Tables), and omit those with provisional ratings.
    Calling Stang. Finally someone who wants to see your damn graph.
    (joke. No one wants to see it).

I thought about doing this graph properly but I realised I would have to do it by hand and that would take far too long. Someone with some skill should be able to automatically do it.
  3. Northern Virginia
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 18:30
    I thought about doing this graph properly but I realised I would have to do it by hand and that would take far too long. Someone with some skill should be able to automatically do it.
    With access to the list of current ratings, it would take ten seconds to create the plot. But via the web interface I only know of ways to grab ~30 ratings at a time, verrrry tedious, very non-automatic. I'm enough of a nerd to have thought about doing it, but not enough so to actually go to the trouble. 🙂
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 18:32
    Originally posted by Dr Rocks
    With access to the list of current ratings, it would take ten seconds to create the plot. But via the web interface I only know of ways to grab ~30 ratings at a time, verrrry tedious, very non-automatic. I'm enough of a nerd to have thought about doing it, but not enough so to actually go to the trouble. 🙂
    Send feedback (bottom of page) to Russ, and I'm sure he'll run a quick query to get all the results that u need to make your graph. He's generally quite helpful in these types of matters.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree