Ratings

Standard memberasperse
Site Ideas 18 Apr '05 20:04
  1. Joined
    15 Mar '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '05 20:04
    I have recently played a game against someone, who was provisional when I started, and ended up when I finished with a fairly low rating. I beat him and yet my rating still fell as his rating was about 200 below mine. Surely this should not be able to happen, I beat him so surely I followed what my rating said I should do, and it should not drop, even if it does remain the same. Just a query, but is it not considered silly that his rating could improve by losing to me?
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    18 Apr '05 20:34
    Originally posted by asperse
    I have recently played a game against someone, who was provisional when I started, and ended up when I finished with a fairly low rating. I beat him and yet my rating still fell as his rating was about 200 below mine. Surely this should not be able to happen, I beat him so surely I followed what my rating said I should do, and it should not drop, even if it ...[text shortened]... ame. Just a query, but is it not considered silly that his rating could improve by losing to me?
    From the FAQ...
    'The rating calculation (see below) means that until you complete 20 games (i.e. while you still have a provisional rating), it is possible for your rating to go down even when you win a game.'

http://www.timeforchess.com/help/index.php?help=faq

D
  3. Joined
    15 Mar '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '05 19:33
    yes, sorry, just discovered that, that is fine

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree