1. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 16:57
    A friend and I load initial position for training. Is there any way to reaload a game from the initial starting position of a previous game, i.e., same starting position, not a particular position from the game?

An example would be an initial position with a king, rook and pawn versus a king and bishop.

If not, then I would like to see this feature added. It take a lot of time to setup initial positions manually.

Thank you!
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 23:25
    Originally posted by petrovitch
    A friend and I load initial position for training. Is there any way to reaload a game from the initial starting position of a previous game, i.e., same starting position, not a particular position from the game?

An example would be an initial position with a king, rook and pawn versus a king and bishop.

If not, then I would like to see this feature added. It take a lot of time to setup initial positions manually.

Thank you!
    To start from an arbitrary position, you need to set the board in an unrated game, using the 'set piece' functionality.
    As it stands, you can't enter a FEN here - which is what I guess you want to be able to do - you have to place the pieces as you want them and set the castling rights and whose move it is etc. manually.

Being able to set a new game by FEN would be a help, but it only takes a few clicks to position a board properly - not any longer than it would take you on a 'real' board.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    18 Dec '07 23:40
    Originally posted by orangutan
    As it stands, you can't enter a FEN
    With Firefox and one of ouroboros' scripts, you can.

D
  4. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    19 Dec '07 00:01
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    With Firefox and one of ouroboros' scripts, you can.

D
    Have Russ and Chris signed that man up yet?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree