Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Site Ideas Forum

Site Ideas Forum

  1. 02 May '13 06:11
    In the before times, the site would remember the sort preference on the 'My Games' page. Can we have this back again? I like to sort by 'Oldest Moves,' and it was handy not to have to select this every time... Thanks.
  2. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    02 May '13 07:10
    Originally posted by shmeeter
    In the before times, the site would remember the sort preference on the 'My Games' page. Can we have this back again? I like to sort by 'Oldest Moves,' and it was handy not to have to select this every time... Thanks.
    It remembers sort preference on my PC, but not on my Android.
  3. 02 May '13 07:59
    That's crazy! Maybe because I run Linux? Or, are you not closing your browser between visits?
  4. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    02 May '13 08:24
    Originally posted by shmeeter
    That's crazy! Maybe because I run Linux? Or, are you not closing your browser between visits?
    I don't follow. On my bog-standard PC, which I rarely turn off, the sorting preference holds even if I reboot the machine. On my bog-standard Android tab, which gets turned off occasionally, I access the program through a bookmark in the default browser, and I have to set the sort preference each time I do that. I often find things in Android apps don't work as well as the Windows equivalent, so this one didn't surprise me - or bother me, come to that. I know nothing about Linux.
  5. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    02 May '13 09:05 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shmeeter
    In the before times, the site would remember the sort preference on the 'My Games' page. Can we have this back again? I like to sort by 'Oldest Moves,' and it was handy not to have to select this every time... Thanks.
    This keeps coming up, and it is because people have bookmarked the my games page, and the bookmark contains a parameter such as

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/mygames/mygames.php?sortval=7

    This will override your preference.

    Bookmark only

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/mygames/mygames.php
  6. 02 May '13 12:01
    Thanks Russ that has sorted out my problem, really useful advice
    Paul
  7. Subscriber Kewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    02 May '13 13:34
    Fixed my android too, thanks.
  8. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    02 May '13 15:13
    Originally posted by Russ
    This keeps coming up, and it is because people have bookmarked the my games page, and the bookmark contains a parameter such as

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/mygames/mygames.php[b]?sortval=7


    This will override your preference.

    Bookmark only

    http://www.redhotpawn.com/mygames/mygames.php[/b]
    I've found a way around my problem where on the clan list the "sort by challenges -recent" only works on the first page.
    To make it work on page 2 etc I have to change the address line at the top instead of using the buttoms thus:-
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/clan/index.php?sortval=8&year=2013&page=2
  9. Standard member Peakite
    Sais
    02 May '13 15:48
    Is there another possible cause for this issue? I don't have the My Games page bookmarked and have only ever accessed it from the link at the top of the page.
  10. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    02 May '13 22:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Peakite
    Is there another possible cause for this issue? I don't have the My Games page bookmarked and have only ever accessed it from the link at the top of the page.
    The sort preference is held in a cookie. It might be worth trying to delete all cookies for this site. You will need to log in again afterwards thought.
  11. 03 May '13 17:26
    Originally posted by Russ
    The sort preference is held in a cookie. It might be worth trying to delete all cookies for this site. You will need to log in again afterwards thought.
    looks like I jumped the gun on this issue. It has reverted to original problem on my machines. Russ what is the difference between this version of the site and the previous? generally i like the revamp and its only the issue of the sorting that bothers me, though in the scheme of things its not the end of the world!
    Thanks
  12. 05 May '13 10:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    The sort preference is held in a cookie. It might be worth trying to delete all cookies for this site. You will need to log in again afterwards thought.
    Russ, Clearly not top priority, but could you check that this cookie business is correct? I've deleted all site cookies several times, and tried switching from RHP to PTIG - it still seems that any time I restart my browser, I am back to sorting on newest games.

    If anyone has sorting by oldest move as default, and can confirm that it works for them, that would be useful. Thanks.

    Gezza,
    Firefox 20.0, Ubuntu 12.04, No GreaseMonkey or Extensions, and I have checked the bookmark.
  13. 06 May '13 17:19 / 1 edit
    I'm also using PTIG and have the same problem. Deleting cookies did not help.
  14. Standard member Peakite
    Sais
    06 May '13 21:11
    Also tried deleting cookies and no luck either; still defaults to ordering by newest game.
  15. Standard member ChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    07 May '13 05:48
    I too deleted cookies and still the same thing.