Reminders

Standard memberExy
Site Ideas 29 Mar '05 14:22
  1. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 14:221 edit
    Would it be possible to be able to elect *NOT* to receive move reminders. I know this irritates a lot of players as they prefer to manage their games without being prompted, whilst others are happy to receive them as it prevents them from timing out.

Perhaps there could be 3 settings, standard as is, reminders appear only once time bank is exhausted, or reminders never appear. This will allow everyone to find a setting that suits them.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 14:34
    Originally posted by Exy
    Would it be possible to be able to elect *NOT* to receive move reminders. I know this irritates a lot of players as they prefer to manage their games without being prompted, whilst others are happy to receive them as it prevents them from timing out.

Perhaps there could be 3 settings, standard as is, reminders appear only once time bank is exhausted, or reminders never appear. This will allow everyone to find a setting that suits them.
    With 1 more setting, you get my rec... Reminders only appear once the timebank is being used.

Cheers,

D
  3. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 14:49
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    With 1 more setting, you get my rec... Reminders only appear once the timebank is being used.

Cheers,

D
    Furthermore my email inbox does not need to know that my open invite has been accepted, this game has been deleted or that a draw I offered has been accepted.

Seeing 18 new messages in my email gives me tingle of excitement that some long lost friend has written to me. Only to find most of the messages are from rhp, telling me stuff I've already noticed from "my games" page, a page which, sad sod that I am, I check far more often than my email.
  4. Standard membergumbie
    The man himself
    Totally lost
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 15:25
    I would like to be able to turn them all off.

Move reminders, accepted draws, accepted open invites, tournament has started..........
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 15:46
    Originally posted by gumbie
    I would like to be able to turn them all off.

Move reminders, accepted draws, accepted open invites, tournament has started..........
    That would save me having to filter them all to my trash....

--tmetzler
  6. Berks.
    Moves
    04 Apr '05 00:26
    I've just come to this forum wanting to request the same thing, so I'll add my voice here. Open invites I'll catch on the site. As for reminders, they just clog up my inbox if I go away for a couple of days.
  7. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 20:33
    If people get so shirty about receiving reminders perhaps disabling them ought to be an option?

I have to click that 'Remind' button as soon as it appears because I will also click that 'Skull' button as soon as it appears but at least I will have reminded you to move while you still could.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 20:45
    Originally posted by Exy
    If people get so shirty about receiving reminders perhaps disabling them ought to be an option?

I have to click that 'Remind' button as soon as it appears because I will also click that 'Skull' button as soon as it appears but at least I will have reminded you to move while you still could.
    What does 'shirty' mean?? 🙂
  9. Standard membertladd
    Organic Matter
    Stanford, CA
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 20:50
    Hell yeah. Let's have an option to turn off all of these notifying emails! I'
  10. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 20:531 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What does 'shirty' mean?? 🙂
    shirty

SYLLABICATION: shirt·y
    PRONUNCIATION: shûrt
    ADJECTIVE: Inflected forms: shirt·i·er, shirt·i·est
    Chiefly British Ill-tempered; angry: “He saw how shirty she was about it” (P.G. Wodehouse).
    ETYMOLOGY: Probably from to get someone's shirt out, to annoy,or to keep one's shirt on, to keep from being annoyed.
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Apr '05 21:04
    Originally posted by Exy
    [b]shirty
    ADJECTIVE: Inflected forms: shirt·i·er, shirt·i·est
    Chiefly British Ill-tempered; angry: “He saw how shirty she was about it” (P.G. Wodehouse).
    [/b]
    I'm not British, Exy. 😉

D
  12. Standard memberchessnut57
    Lazarus
    Moves
    17 Apr '05 03:05
    Chalk up one more vote for removing the reminders. They just add clutter. Everyone knows what they are getting into with the time limits clearly identified on every game, tournament, etc. Players should police themselves... it's your responsibility to mind your own time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree