1. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 15:44
    It is sometimes a while before I discover that my opponent has resigned by looking at my current games list.

Should not there be some form of notification when a player resigns, in the same way that we get an e-mail if a move is made. Indeed if a resignation counted as a move, we would get the e-mail.
  2. The sky
    Moves
    28 Jan '06 16:19
    Originally posted by kingcolemk
    It is sometimes a while before I discover that my opponent has resigned by looking at my current games list.

Should not there be some form of notification when a player resigns, in the same way that we get an e-mail if a move is made. Indeed if a resignation counted as a move, we would get the e-mail.
    I agree that there should be some form of notification. I usually filter my games to show only the games in which it's my move, so it can take quite a while until I notice that a game has been finished (often I notice the rating change first). What would be most useful for me would be to have the games show up in the "my move" list. I always like to look at them anyway (there might also be a message). There could be a "finish" button or so which would move the game to the finished games. But I have a feeling that this solution might be too complicated, and some people might not like it. E-mail notifications (which, of course, should be optional, like the move notifications) wouldn't be my first choice, but better than nothing.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 11:05
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I agree that there should be some form of notification. I usually filter my games to show only the games in which it's my move, so it can take quite a while until I notice that a game has been finished (often I notice the rating change first). What would be most useful for me would be to have the games show up in the "my move" list. I always like to look at ...[text shortened]... tional, like the move notifications) wouldn't be my first choice, but better than nothing.
    A filter for my move and finished is the best solution, IMO.

D
  4. The sky
    Moves
    29 Jan '06 13:19
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    A filter for my move and finished is the best solution, IMO.

D
    I hadn't thought of that, but that sounds like an easy solution which would pretty much solve the problem. The only problem would be that you couldn't get finished games you don't need to look at anymore out of that list (unless you have all your active games in one folder). Still a good solution, though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree