1. Wat?
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 13:09
    Wouldn't it be good to play games with the agreed opportunity between players, even if unrated or rated games, to teach each other about bad moves and be able to reverse moves agreed by both players, so as to see the benefit of learning? I've discussed this with quite a few players.... and they like the idea. Is it possible?
  2. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 13:39
    Its unfair chess is based on mistakes and i dont think you should be able to do this in rated games.But in unrated games is different i think that would be fine but the opponent would have to agree to this aswell.🙂
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 13:53
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    Its unfair chess is based on mistakes and i dont think you should be able to do this in rated games.But in unrated games is different i think that would be fine but the opponent would have to agree to this aswell.🙂
    ...and this must mutually be agreed on at beforehand.

We agree on thinking times before we start a game, we agree on if it is rated or not - so if this become a new feature (that can take back a move), it must be agreed on before the game starts.

Possibility on taking back moves? Well, I would never agree on such a thing.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 14:21
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Wouldn't it be good to play games with the agreed opportunity between players, even if unrated or rated games, to teach each other about bad moves and be able to reverse moves agreed by both players, so as to see the benefit of learning? I've discussed this with quite a few players.... and they like the idea. Is it possible?
    Rated games NEVER. This falls under the category of outside help, and that shouldn't affect a player's rating at all. Unrated... perhaps, but I doubt Russ or Chris will ever bother.

To play these games, use the PM feature and exchange PGN text. You can take a move back if you like easy. You could also PM the tutor with your idea of a move, and they could tell you if it's a solid move or a blunder. No need to take back if you discuss the move.

These games should be unrated.

P-
  5. Wat?
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 15:13
    You have all agreed with what I wrote! Did you actually read the wording?? 😞

It is something that a "huge", re-quote ""huge"", amount of members have said they woud like to indulge in....

If you didn't read, then let me re-iterate... 'agreed oportunity' , 'unrated or agreed rated', etc... please read!

Seems there is gathered opinion...

It would also be easy to assess if there was outside help from players of a greater ability..... like the same way to assess engines....... 😛
  6. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 15:54
    i have read what you said and this is an opinion and like the other guys have said in rated games no way its not fair but unrated maybe but like fabian said must be agreed prior the game.i would never agree to it and i dont think really that its really that good an idea and like phlaby said russ or chris have better ideas to do than this
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 21:12

It is something that a "huge", re-quote ""huge"", amount of members have said they woud like to indulge in....

If you didn't read, then let me re-iterate... 'agreed oportunity' , 'unrated or agreed rated', etc... please read!

It would ...[text shortened]... from players of a greater ability..... like the same way to assess engines....... 😛
    If you want to take back a move, copy the fen from before the move, 1 player resigns the game, and restart from the game as a setpiece.

Why should Russ and Chris bother when it can already be done?

D
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 21:42

It would ...[text shortened]... from players of a greater ability..... like the same way to assess engines....... 😛
    Look, I've told you how to do it if you want. Lots of people have asked lots of bad ideas. Should Russ initiate all bad ideas just because several people have asked for it?

P-
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 23:23
    game discussion is partially why we have a chess forum.
    want to discuss a game?
    take it there, we'll help you with it.
  10. Wat?
    Moves
    12 Dec '07 11:25
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Look, I've told you how to do it if you want. Lots of people have asked lots of bad ideas. Should Russ initiate all bad ideas just because several people have asked for it?

P-
    OOwa! Calm down..... I was under the influence! 😉 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree