1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 06:10
    Originally posted by Raven69
    I based the list on people I know.
    Are you aware that no1 is always right? Well at least in his own mind he is. 😉
  2. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 07:501 edit
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Adding drama...if we view that as the purpose of the mods then they are filling that purpose well.

And I have suggested before that this additional drama is one of their prime purposes.
    You could end it any time you wanted to. You often admit that you don't get anywhere by arguing with them, so I don't see what the point is. You guys aren't mods, but you add just as much drama as anyone else does.

If they add drama, anyway, who cares? At least it's interesting. Do you realize just how stale the forums have become?

Edit: I'm not attacking, and I'm not agreeing with anybody. You know I am pretty unbiased towards either side, so this is just my opinion. I like seeing your guys' arguments just as much as anybody else'.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 09:52
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Do you realize just how stale the forums have become?
    I've noticed that.

In 'the olden days' there practically wasn't a need for mods. The forums were much more 'open', because the site didn't have so many forum users. The forums are basically the reason I subscribed, since they are very open, not overly moderated and on average, there are not too many absolute idiots who post, since they don't frequent chess sites.

Nowadays there are many many more people who can offend so many more people who may feel offended. If that makes sense...

For those of you who feel this site is over-moderated, you obviously do not spend much time on other forums.

I will also re-iterate:
    Russ wants this site to not get blocked by parental control and proxy systems, so some content in the public forums WILL be removed.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 11:56
    Originally posted by trev33

i propose all 8 of them be striped of their duties and a vote conducted for a new moderation team. like the game mod team vote a while back everyone interested to be a mod put their names forward and everyone on the site gets a couple of votes with the top 8 becoming mods.
    Yeah. That's all we need. Mob rule.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 12:241 edit
    A new setting?

Lay off the malt liquor...or do you only drink that virtually?

There are plenty of sites out there that would love to have a white guy with your "biases" If you want different "settings" try one of those out. Search under the letter K.
    I looked under "kook" and found you.
  6. Joined
    05 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 13:29
    Lay off the malt liquor...
    hmmm.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 14:10
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Yeah. That's all we need. Mob rule.
    Inspector Kemp: A riot is an ungly thing... undt, I tink, that it is chust about time ve had vun.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree