1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Aug '08 17:14
    I suggest that RHP move reminders be sent to the person whose move it is, rather than sent to the opponent for them to send to the person whose move it is. It should not be the responsibility of a opponent to remind someone that it's been awhile since they have moved and could possibility be timed out.

I find if I send move reminders that about 80% of the people I send them to get mad for sending them. And then if I don't send them and time someone out they get mad and blame me for not sending them a move reminder. And I hate looking at them on my games page.

Move reminders need to be sent to the persons whose move it is. Not to the persons whose waiting for there opponent to move. Why should the person whose moving on time have to deal with the crap. Let the person whose not moving have to deal with the reminders. It would solve a lot of problems.

Or just get rid of them once and for all. If someone doesn't move within the time limit agreed upon before the start of a game. They lose. Just like OTB.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Aug '08 20:32
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    I suggest that RHP move reminders be sent to the person whose move it is, rather than sent to the opponent for them to send to the person whose move it is. It should not be the responsibility of a opponent to remind someone that it's been awhile since they have moved and could possibility be timed out.

I find if I send move reminders that about 80% ...[text shortened]... ove within the time limit agreed upon before the start of a game. They lose. Just like OTB.
    I shut them off, I don't want to get them.

Don't send them, I don't.

If someone complains, tell them it's not your job to watch their clock.

Also, I'm confused. If I send a move reminder, it goes to the other guy. Why would anyone need to send themselves a move reminder?

Shut them off, and never use them again.

P-
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    28 Aug '08 22:454 edits
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I shut them off, I don't want to get them.

Don't send them, I don't.

If someone complains, tell them it's not your job to watch their clock.

Also, I'm confused. If I send a move reminder, it goes to the other guy. Why would anyone need to send themselves a move reminder?

Shut them off, and never use them again.

P-

If RHP can send the opponent of a slow mover a move reminder to send to the slow mover. RHP can also just send the slow mover a move reminder and cut out the middle person and the e-mails.
    A message stating you have not moved on this game for some time, or something like that. And have it so the message stays there until the person moves on that game, as now the reminder to send sits with the opponent until the slow mover moves on the game.
    I just think this would be a great improvement and cut out any arguments between opponents in that area.

I shut them off, I don't want to get them. Mine are shut off also.

Don't send them, I don't. Why not just get rid of them and just have RHP send the slow mover a little reminder.

If someone complains, tell them it's not your job to watch their clock. I tell them lots of things but they never want to hear it. They're mad cause they just lost a game or games. I should not have to tell them anything or defend myself in anyway for claiming a win. Send the reminders to them ( the slow movers) and it puts all the responsibility to move on time all on their shoulders and they can't come crying to me about anything.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 00:04
    [b]Also, I'm confused. If I send a move reminder, it goes to the other guy. Why would anyone need to send themselves a move reminder?

If RHP can send the opponent of a slow mover a move reminder to send to the slow mover. RHP can also just send the slow mover a move reminder and cut out the middle person and the e-mails.
    A message stati ...[text shortened]... y to move on time all on their shoulders and they can't come crying to me about anything.[/b]
    I don't feel there is a need to remove reminders, as I am sure there are people who use them in friendly games and only at the end of time... who knows. RHP has a move reminder, it is a little ZERO days thing I see quite often on my game page. Again, removing the system isn't a solution to your problem. Ignore the people who complain when you didn't send one, and never send any. I shut the feature off, I don't send or get them. Leave it for people who know how to use it. I don't like removing features others may use, especially when there is an option to shut them off and not use them at all.

One thing I would change is they can only be sent with .15 or .20% time remaining. Seems a bit silly to send a reminder in a 14 day game after 3 days. The little reminder icon comes on way too soon if you ask me.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 00:39

One thing I would change is they can only be sent with .15 or .20% time remaining. Seems a bit silly to send a reminder in a 14 day game after 3 days. The little reminder icon comes on way too soon if you ask me.[/b]
    I would agree the reminder comes way too early. In a 21/28 I got a reminder after 3 days!

I know about turning the feature off. I leave it on where I usually have a heavy gameload and like the feature. But don't really need a 18 day notice on the first part of the time.

You see I don't disagree with "everything"! 😉
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 01:59
    I don't feel there is a need to remove reminders, as I am sure there are people who use them in friendly games and only at the end of time... who knows. RHP has a move reminder, it is a little ZERO days thing I see quite often on my game page. Again, removing the system isn't a solution to your problem. Ignore the people who complain when you didn't se ...[text shortened]... a 14 day game after 3 days. The little reminder icon comes on way too soon if you ask me.
    One thing I would change is they can only be sent with .15 or .20% time remaining. Seems a bit silly to send a reminder in a 14 day game after 3 days. The little reminder icon comes on way too soon if you ask me.

I agree with this also.
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 12:16

I find if I send move reminders that about 80% ...[text shortened]... ove within the time limit agreed upon before the start of a game. They lose. Just like OTB.
    Move reminders should be removed from the system.
  8. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 12:20
    [b]One thing I would change is they can only be sent with .15 or .20% time remaining. [b]
    Don't see the point of having a shorter period of time.

If you are going to give your opponent the opportunity of reminding them then what difference would 12 hours notice be to someone who only plays during the week, getting a reminder on a Saturday?
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 13:54
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Don't see the point of having a shorter period of time.

If you are going to give your opponent the opportunity of reminding them then what difference would 12 hours notice be to someone who only plays during the week, getting a reminder on a Saturday?
    Explain the point in sending a reminder 4 days into a 14 or 21 day game.

Snooze and lose.

Still no need to remove the system, but I guess .25 would be ok.

If they don't log on weekends, they should make their moves on Friday.

P-
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 14:11
    I never read reminders, I never send them.
    People should be able to check for themselves if they have a game near to be timed out.

But to send them automatically? No, certainly not! It's like in a OTB game some of the audience, or the arbiter, hint that "Check the clock, or else you're going to lose."

I use the reminders as follows: When I see a envelope icon at a gme, I know that - "Oh, I'm able to time him out soon! Then I wathc this game extra carefully!"
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 16:25
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    When I see a envelope icon at a gme, I know that - "Oh, I'm able to time him out soon! Then I wathc this game extra carefully!"
    Well done.

What's your rating NOW?

D
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 16:27

You can prevent the system from sending you reminders.

Using Firefox and Adblock you can remove the envelopes permanently from your games page, if they bother you.

I use reminders for 1 friend who only logs in when he gets a mail saying I've moved. Sometimes he misses my move email, and after a month or so, I send him a reminder that it's his move.

D
  13. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 17:12
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You can prevent the system from sending you reminders.

Using Firefox and Adblock you can remove the envelopes permanently from your games page, if they bother you.

I use reminders for 1 friend who only logs in when he gets a mail saying I've moved. Sometimes he misses my move email, and after a month or so, I send him a reminder that it's his move.

D
    Thanks for the info. I do use FireFox, so That's nice to know.
  14. U.S.A.
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 17:574 edits
    I don't send move reminders and I hope rhp won't send my opponents one either. I want them to forget so I can time them out. More points for me...I actually got one or two losing games right now and I think my only chance is if he makes a major mistake or if i time him out. I will not remind them to move, for sure. 🙂
    My fingers crossed they won't. Wouldn't it be like cheating in a way 'cause reminding them is affecting my(or your) chance of winning the game. If this was face to face chess, I imagine it would be frowned upon for any audience to remind a player that he is almost out of time and better hurry.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    29 Aug '08 18:00
    Originally posted by Pavlo87
    I don't send move reminders and I hope rhp won't send my opponents one either. I want them to forget so I can time them out. More points for me...I actually got one or two losing games right now and I think my only chance is if he makes a major mistake or if i time him out. I will not remind them to move, for sure. 🙂
    My fingers crossed they won't.
    Do more ratings points get you Teh Hawt Laydies?

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree