1. Wat?
    Moves
    07 Mar '09 05:00
    We should have an attendance log, in our profile, of active time spent here. Easy to do. Daily, weekly, monthly cumulative score.

Then we could see who the real site supporters are - or addicts!
    We could also see if all these so called 'super dads' who profess to be wonderful mentors actually spend time with their kids away from their computers! 😛

A complete publicised invasion of privacy from info you yourselves, as loggers in to the site, make available... 😉

Could be fun... 😲
  2. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    08 Mar '09 02:44
    Originally posted by mikelom
    We should have an attendance log, in our profile, of active time spent here. Easy to do. Daily, weekly, monthly cumulative score.

Then we could see who the real site supporters are - or addicts!
    We could also see if all these so called 'super dads' who profess to be wonderful mentors actually spend time with their kids away from their computers! 😛

A ...[text shortened]... m info you yourselves, as loggers in to the site, make available... 😉

Could be fun... 😲
    or just bring back the rec count, it proved the same information.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 00:34
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    or just bring back the rec count, it proved the same information.
    no, the rec count just counted how many e-friends you have.
  4. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 01:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    no, the rec count just counted how many e-friends you have.
    no, the rec count made the forums a MUCH more interesting and fun place to be.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Mar '09 10:15
    what's a rec? 😉
  6. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    12 Mar '09 03:00
    Originally posted by trev33
    what's a rec? 😉
    They are like warm apple pie
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    13 Mar '09 23:57
    They are like warm apple pie
    mmmmmm, apple pie
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 13:39
    are you saying people don't bother to write interesting and/or fun posts because they don't get immediate gratification in the form of recs?

clearly, such is not the case.

IF that is what you were saying.

recs did not make the posts suddenly more interesting or fun. in fact, quite the opposite. the posts were predictably snarky, rude, sarcastic and mean, all in the name of garnering another almighty rec.

good riddance to them.
  9. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 23:32
    are you saying people don't bother to write interesting and/or fun posts because they don't get immediate gratification in the form of recs?

good riddance to them.
    The point of recs is so that you can recomend good posts that you think others might enjoy. I always check out the rec'ed posts to see what kind of stuff others found interesting.

Just because the rec system might be abused by some it does not mean the system is bad in and of itself.

recs did not make the posts suddenly more interesting or fun. in fact, quite the opposite. the posts were predictably snarky, rude, sarcastic and mean, all in the name of garnering another almighty rec.

Are you saying people write mean and sarcastic posts for the sake of getting recs? And here I always thought it was for the sake of being mean and sarcastic.
  10. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    17 Mar '09 23:51

good riddance to them.
    Anything that you just said in that post has no business in the same sentence as the word "clearly." It's far away from that.

I don't find the recs I get for saying that "gratification." It shows agreement or support or that someone liked that post and feels others should read it. Would you prefer to have a bunch of posts where people say "Hey, I agree, right on bro!" I certainly hope not. That cannot be tallied, and therefore we would not have a rec posts link on the site.

There was no benefit of removing the rec count, except to diminish the forums. It was the acts of few that ruined the fun of many. Group punishment for a few people's stupidity is ridiculous. And people take sides on this issue worse than a political party, nobody has there own damn opinion, just followers.

I like you Suzi, but I'll never agree with you on this issue.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Mar '09 20:48
    the posts were predictably snarky, rude, sarcastic and mean, all in the name of garnering another almighty rec.
    YOUR an idiot.

now lets watch the rec's ROLL in baby.

or not

i don't mind rec's but didn't like the rec count...plus 30 rec's a months is too much. 15 is plenty.

damn i just kissed my rec chance in this post GOODBYE.
  12. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    18 Mar '09 23:48
    YOUR an idiot.

or not

i don't mind rec's but didn't like the rec count...plus 30 rec's a months is too much. 15 is plenty.

rec'd
  13. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 02:21
    YOUR an idiot.

or not

You can't have to many.

And no rec for you.

See, if I was just giving them away for sarcasm and to clan mates, I would rec trev. But I disagree, so I don't rec it.
  14. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 02:48
    plus 30 rec's a months is too much. 15 is plenty.
    Maybe for you...some of us just have more love to spread.
  15. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    19 Mar '09 04:45
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Maybe for you...some of us just have more love to spread.
    elaborate on "some of us" ?
    😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree