1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 17:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    no, the rec count just counted how many e-friends you have.
    Hear! Hear!
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 17:12
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    are you saying people don't bother to write interesting and/or fun posts because they don't get immediate gratification in the form of recs?

clearly, such is not the case.

IF that is what you were saying.

recs did not make the posts suddenly more interesting or fun. in fact, quite the opposite. the posts were predictably snarky, rude, sarcastic and mean, all in the name of garnering another almighty rec.

good riddance to them.
    Well said!
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 17:151 edit
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    or just bring back the rec count, it proved the same information.
    If you require validation, I suggest you buy a box of gold stars and stick a half dozen or so all over your computer screen every time you think you say something clever.

The Wrecked System was, and is, a major source of the endemic problems in this chat room.
  4. Wat?
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 17:24
    Originally posted by Red Night
    If you require validation, I suggest you buy a box of gold stars and stick a half dozen or so all over your computer screen every time you think you say something clever.

The Wrecked System was, and is, a major source of the endemic problems in this chat room.
    The original suggestion wasn't anything to do with the rec count. It is a suggestion to display people's site log in time on an accumulative digital clock or similar counter , in our profiles - so we can see who is here lots - and who isn't - or other things (like being here lots and not moving! 😲) 😉
  5. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 17:33
    Originally posted by mikelom
    The original suggestion wasn't anything to do with the rec count. It is a suggestion to display people's site log in time on an accumulative digital clock or similar counter , in our profiles - so we can see who is here lots - and who isn't - or other things (like being here lots and not moving! 😲) 😉
    I did find it intersting that the first alternative suggestion was how many wrecks someone had

rather than

1. how many moves they made.

2. how many posts they made.
  6. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 17:43

I'm not going to argue this with you today. I think we know where each other stands on the topic.
  7. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 17:44
    What happened to fighting over Raven?
  8. Wat?
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 18:14
    What happened to fighting over Raven?
    I won hands down! - a 'no contest' was called...😀
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 18:48
    Right, and now she has disappeared!
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 18:57
    Hear! Hear!
    It was easy to tell who was getting recs based on content vs. popularity.

pradtf and bowmann had tons of recs, but you could tell someone followed them around rec'n every post. One time I had a nice post, no recs... and pradtf got a rec for saying "Good Post!~"

Bowmann had many because someone just followed him around rec'n everything.

Posters like shavix and No1 earned every one of the recs they got. I also had about the 6th or 8th most at the time and earned every one.

I think Noodles may also have had a bunch... not sure, but it wasn't popularity... it was content.

P-
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 19:111 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    It was easy to tell who was getting recs based on content vs. popularity.

pradtf and bowmann had tons of recs, but you could tell someone followed them around rec'n every post. One time I had a nice post, no recs... and pradtf got a rec for saying "Good Post!~"

Bowmann had many because someone just followed him around rec'n everything.

Posters l ...[text shortened]... may also have had a bunch... not sure, but it wasn't popularity... it was content.

P-
    Not just to be argumentive, which I am not trying to be, and I don't want you to take this as an insult as it is not meant as such.

But I strongly disagree with you, I think it was a popularity contest.
    You like examples I know, and this is the part where I don't want you to be insulted. Look at the VOTES that you got for being a GAME MOD.

I wouldn't have even thought about putting my name up for Game Mod, mainly because my rating is only 1600's or so, and I don't believe that qualifies someone to be a game mod. I believe your rating would be somewhere around the same as mine. If you took the game more seriously.

Look at the crap load of Votes you got, I think you got even more than some rated much higher than you if I recall right. I call that a popularity contest.
    Respectfully -VR
  12. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 19:491 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Not just to be argumentive, which I am not trying to be, and I don't want you to take this as an insult as it is not meant as such.

But I strongly disagree with you, I think it was a popularity contest.
    You like examples I know, and this is the part where I don't want you to be insulted. Look at the VOTES that you got for being a GAME MOD.

I wouldn much higher than you if I recall right. I call that a popularity contest.
    Respectfully -VR
    As I've said before, it's become more of a political party answer as opposed to personal opinions. This is a distinct case of the sins of a few hurting the many. Many rubes bought into the popularity contest belief over that, and it couldn't be further from the truth. Phlabs post above is very true. Then it was almost like a little cult group that formed aginst the rec count and won. I still have no idea why Russ bought into it.

I will always defend the rec count, it deserves more love, and more people come out in favor of it all the time.

And Mod votes have zero to do with rec count numbers. Not that you wouldn't be a good mod, I'm sure you would do excellent 😉
  13. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 19:51
    If you looks at her posts in that area of this thread, I clearly was the winner 😏
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 20:471 edit
    And Mod votes have zero to do with rec count numbers. Not that you wouldn't be a good mod, I'm sure you would do excellent 😉[/b]
    The Mod votes (Game Mod Votes) did show a popularity contest. I respect you opinion concerning the recs. But we can agree to disagree. 🙂 No, I would not make a good game Mod, as my chess knowledge is not where it should be in my opinion to be a good Game Mod.
  15. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    20 Mar '09 23:43
    As I've said before, it's become more of a political party answer as opposed to personal opinions. This is a distinct case of the sins of a few hurting the many. Many rubes bought into the popularity contest belief over that, and it couldn't be further from the truth. Phlabs post above is very true. Then it was almost like a little cult group that formed aginst the rec count and won. I still have no idea why Russ bought into it.
    I'll bet you anything the "cult" was filled with people who just never got a rec, or got very few...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree