1. Standard memberracecarbruce
    BrucEffect
    Boulder, CO
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 17:39
    I think it would be great to be able to save notebook changes when it's your move without having to make a move. Is it possible to add the save notebook changes button here as well??
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 09:50
    Originally posted by racecarbruce
    I think it would be great to be able to save notebook changes when it's your move without having to make a move. Is it possible to add the save notebook changes button here as well??
    Its been promised. Since I joined.

D
  3. Milky way
    Moves
    10 Dec '05 12:51
    what would the point be in analyzing the board and then not moving, when its your go?
  4. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '05 09:18
    Originally posted by Silver Slayer
    what would the point be in analyzing the board and then not moving, when its your go?
    More time to think, but not lose what you had thought of already. Fairly obvious, I would have thought.

Keeping notes on a bit of paper works, but wastes trees...
  5. West Chester
    Moves
    14 Dec '05 23:19
    Originally posted by gezza

Keeping notes on a bit of paper works, but wastes trees...
    There's always Microsoft Word, or NotePad, or whatever incarnation of a writing program to use as well. ^^;
  6. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 00:02
    Originally posted by Clairechan
    There's always Microsoft Word, or NotePad, or whatever incarnation of a writing program to use as well. ^^;
    Then again, there is always a Site Ideas forum where you could suggest ideas for improving the site. Like, for example, suggesting to be able to store notes when it is your move, so you wouldn't have to open notepad or word. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  7. Standard memberRavello
    The Rudeยฉ
    who knows?
    Moves
    15 Dec '05 17:30
    Yes,yes!!
    Russ,it's a couple of years that this useful feature is requested,I don't think it would require much time to implement it.....๐Ÿ˜
  8. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    16 Dec '05 01:19
    Perhaps a threat might be more persuasive.

(Only a suggestion.)
  9. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    16 Dec '05 03:16
    This is what I want for Christmas.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Dec '05 16:41
    Guys,

The new board code is looking pretty cool, and I absolutely promise this feature will be in before release.

I may even put up a few screen shots over the next few days, but visually, there isn't that much to get excited about. The analyse board page is much improved though.

-Russ
  11. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    16 Dec '05 16:59
    Warm us up; tell us already what is in the package...!
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Dec '05 17:46
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Warm us up; tell us already what is in the package...!
    I have trashed most of the animated board code I previewed back in the springtime, and have been a little less ambitious with the changes, adding what I believe people want rather than something I was pleased with technically! (Who wants fully animated boards anyway&hellip๐Ÿ˜‰

Below is the list of the visible key features, although a lot of stuff changed to support future projects, which is not obvious to the user. Anyway, anything mentioned here should make it into the final code, but I reserve the right to pull them for any reason.

Main board :
    Flipping the board at anytime.
    Animations for castling and en-passant before the move is submitted.

Analysis/history board :
    Double click any piece to pop a menu. Colour and piece type can be changed, or the piece removed altogether.
    Experimental lines can be 'rewound' - much like an undo. This includes changes made from the above menu.

The 'board painter' for the set piece games will be replaced by the same system.

Oh, and you will be able to resign games at anytime and save notes when it is your move. ๐Ÿ˜›

-Russ
  13. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '05 18:40
    Originally posted by Russ

Oh, and you will be able to resign games at anytime and save notes when it is your move. ๐Ÿ˜›

-Russ
    Cool. Thanks.
    Gezza

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree