1. Joined
    24 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 20:31
    Unless I'm missing something, you can only save changes to the "notebook" accompanying each game when it is your opponent's move. I have often found I would like to save notes on a position when it is my turn, also. For example, I might have a look at a position, spot some significant tactical points, decide to come back to it when I have more time/a clearer head. I would like to jot down some notes about the thinking I have already done and save them so they appear when I next look at the position.

Presumably not a difficult change to make?
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 20:49
    Originally posted by d36366
    Unless I'm missing something, you can only save changes to the "notebook" accompanying each game when it is your opponent's move. I have often found I would like to save notes on a position when it is my turn, also. For example, I might have a look at a position, spot some significant tactical points, decide to come back to it when I have more time/a clearer ...[text shortened]... they appear when I next look at the position.

Presumably not a difficult change to make?
    Write your notes, don't move your piece, click submit move.

Not intuitive but it works.

D
  3. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 22:10
    Yes, you can do it by just pressing 'Submit move' without making a move.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a separate 'save notebook' link anyway. Doing it by pressing 'submit move' always makes me a little nervous that I might submit a wrong move accidentally.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 23:23
    Originally posted by incandenza

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a separate 'save notebook' link anyway. Doing it by pressing 'submit move' always makes me a little nervous that I might submit a wrong move accidentally.
    Just click a blank square on the board, and hit move. That will activate the safety and undo ANY move you might have forgot you made.

Save text would be nice, this is not the first time someone asked for this.

P-
  5. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 03:36
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Just click a [b]blank square on the board, and hit move. That will activate the safety and undo ANY move you might have forgot you made.[/b]
    I know, but it still seems like a case where a mistake could easily be made.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 04:22
    I would like to have a note attached to a move so when the game is finished you have your annotations ready.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 13:13
    Just a heads up... like I said, this is not the first time this has been asked for.

I was just giving you a foolproof way to ensure you don't have a move loaded.

Other than that, we wait on the admins who seem reluctant to make any changes to the code regardless how important or simple they are.

P-
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 14:21

The fact that this is a very unintuitive way of doing it was pointed out to Russ during beta testing. For some reason, it stayed the same.

If you have any php scripts, maybe you could write a greasemonkey script to add the link "Save Notebook changes", with the underlying link being "javascript:document.notebookform.issavenotebook.value='true';document.notebookform.submit();"

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree