1. Jacksonville
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 19:39
    When I start a new game, it comes up with certain default settings for things like white or black, rated or unrated, 3 days timeout, and 7 days timebank.

Would it be useful to add the ability to change these defaults? Say that I want all of my games to only allow 1 day between moves instead of 3. Rather than having to change the value each and every time (and sometimes forgetting), I could just set it once and be done.

We would still of course be able to override the defaults for any particular game.

Love the site,
    Scot
  2. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 19:59
    Originally posted by smartin
    When I start a new game, it comes up with certain default settings for things like white or black, rated or unrated, 3 days timeout, and 7 days timebank.

Would it be useful to add the ability to change these defaults? Say that I want all of my games to only allow 1 day between moves instead of 3. Rather than having to change the value each and every tim ...[text shortened]... till of course be able to override the defaults for any particular game.

Love the site,
    Scot
    You can.
  3. The sky
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 20:08
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    You can.
    How?
  4. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 20:10
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    How?
    oh, is he talking about changing mid game ??

I misunderstood.
  5. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 20:371 edit
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    oh, is he talking about changing mid game ??
    I don't think so.

Has he missed the drop down arrows on the timebank and timeout sections where you can change the 3/7 defaults to any of the other options?
  6. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 20:451 edit
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    I don't think so.

Has he missed the drop down arrows on the timebank and timeout sections where you can change the 3/7 defaults to any of the other options?
    well then he also missed th earrow box with rated beside it that turns the rating mode on or off.

If you are talking about changing a challenge you have recieved, i suggest you delete it, and send a challenge that more suits your taste.

I hope that has been of help smartin.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 21:13
    Originally posted by Hindstein
    I don't think so.

I don't think changing the settings for one game changes the default settings, does it? If I understood him correctly, what he was asking for was to be able to give preferences for new games, so that the page would come up with your preferences instead of the default settings. And as far as I have seen, that's not possible at the moment.
  8. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 21:321 edit
    think i'll go and hide now 😳
  9. Jacksonville
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 22:46
    Nordlys has got it. I mean changing the actual default values, so that instead of 3 and 7, it would default to whatever you want. Apologies if I didn't word that very well the first time and caused confusion.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 23:41
    Originally posted by smartin
    Nordlys has got it. I mean changing the actual default values, so that instead of 3 and 7, it would default to whatever you want. Apologies if I didn't word that very well the first time and caused confusion.
    Your wording was fine. Welcome to the site.

D
  11. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 23:44
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Your wording was fine. Welcome to the site.

D
    😳
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 00:17
    I heartily agree.

I suggested exactly the same last year but as usual was ignored. 🙁
  13. Jacksonville
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 02:23
    Thanks. I really do like the site; the UI is quite good, the pages load quickly, and the people seem friendly. Not that I'm any good...yet.

While on the topic of the new game screen, why limit the choices for length of game to such a few values (7,14,28 timebank for example). Why not allow a game with 2 days between moves and 4 days of timebank?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree