1. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '04 18:49
    I've noticed, the past few months, a lot of ppl want me axed from RHP because they find me "offensive". Now, I can't help but wonder if that is simply a matter of opinion from others.

I mean, seriously, the mods only removed ONE of my threads, and that was probably because of the replies it generated more then anything. When the site was shut down for moderation, none of my posts were removed, and from reading the forum rules, I haven't really broken any rules. Ironicly enough, some of the replies against my threads were removed almost instantly. A lot of ppl think I am insulting, but to whom? I never mention names, I never go out on missions to attack individuals, and the only time I mention someone's name is in retaliation to an attack on myself. Many ppl have begged for my posts to be deleted, but the mods themselves say, "he hasn't broken any rules if you read over them carefully".

It seems to me, to quote one of the posters I will not name, "nobody will ever agree or make friends with mateulose because of his excentric views", and that seems to really be all it's about. I am way different, I hate conservative middle class and upper class greed, I hate capitalism and don't view it as some Utopia, I think most democracies are corrupt as any other government, I don't beleive that capitalism rewards hard work, but rewards the lazy, I beleive anti-semitism is a ficticious word that has escaped it's true meaning, etc, to name a few. . . I actually have some facts to back these claims up, they were not a result that simply poped out of my head (or my "you know what" so don't even start that joke), but nobody will hear anything of it anyways. They just treat me as an idiot or "insulting". Some argue that's it's the way I present it, but look at all the rednecks like Slimjim in the world who present their views of opposite spectrum, nobody whines about them, in fact, a lot ppl admire such attitudes as "speaking what's on your mind".

It seems to me, all the complaints and harassing PM's at myself are simply ppl who hate my guts for whatever reason. It's all personality clashes more then anything. So, I need a mods opinion, what should be done about this? It's obvious you guys don't feel I have done anything to be booted out, but what should be done if even the simpliest of posts I post are met with slurs, insults and general flames? (Which seems to be the case 90% of the time, for example, I state "I am not a fan of this opening", and then someone replies, "we don't want your opinion moron, it's not valued scum!", I'm, like, WTF?!). Seems to me a lot of ppl are stubborn and won't give up in this tirade. As an example, in my little clash with a certain individual, I received, 26 PM's, yes, that's right, 26 PM's in two days, from the said individual, so who's really the obsessive and abusive one I ask? I can try to ignore all this, but the fact is, it clutters the boards. I suppose I could keep my PM's on to releive the boards of clutters, but the PM's got so bad a numerous that I had to shut them off anyways, so now the boards suffer.

WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT ALL THIS? Anyone have any ideas? Because I am not going to be a "good little minion" and mold with the said system, I tried that before with little results. So eventually ppl are going to have to learn to deal with me, so moving forward, what can be done?
  2. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    01 Nov '04 19:12
    Originally posted by mateulose
    [b] As an example, in my little clash with a certain individual, I received, 26 PM's, yes, that's right, 26 PM's in two days, from the said individual, so who's really the obsessive and abusive one I ask? [ b]
    This ''certain individual'' wrote a message yesterday saying that he left Rhp.
    Happy now?
  3. London
    Moves
    01 Nov '04 20:07
    WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT ALL THIS? Anyone have any ideas? Because I am not going to be a "good little minion" and mold with the said system, I tried that before with little results. So eventually ppl are going to have to learn to deal with me, so moving forward, what can be done?
    Take away your posting rights for a week or so. Then we can all go back to discussing Chess on the Chess forum and Tournaments in the Tournaments forum. Anyone who wants to play a 1600-something player can send you a challenge. When you return to the forums, make sure all the relevant postings go into the Debates forum.
  4. Joined
    11 Jul '03
    Moves
    01 Nov '04 21:43
    Exactly - go to Debates, stop littering in the Chess forum. And, personal request: once you are in the Debates section, please, elaborate on your indistinct remark about anti-semitism.
  5. Standard memberpaultopia
    High Priest
    The Volcano
    Moves
    01 Nov '04 22:50

A lot of ppl think I am insulting, but to whom? I never mention names

Some argue that's it's the way I present it, but look at all the rednecks like Slimjim in the world
    ahem.
  6. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    01 Nov '04 22:56
    This was a masterpiece!!!!!!πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
  7. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '04 00:13
    Originally posted by paultopia
    ahem.
    Ooops, you caught me, good job, but I wanted to use him as a figurative example, I suppose I could of said, "look at redneck America".
  8. Joined
    11 Jul '03
    Moves
    02 Nov '04 20:13
    You just got another post moderated in the Tournaments forum section. Probably it was mods answer to this thread?πŸ˜‰
  9. Standard memberzach918
    Banned
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '04 01:43
    You know what? I promised myself that I wasn't even going to post in this thread. I decided from the git-go that I was going to stay away so I didn't say something offensive or rude. That is not my personality and I don't want to be portrayed that way...but I can't stand sitting here in absolute silence.
    I didn't read the opening post to this thread. I admit that. However, I have read a lot of posts from mateulose. They all seem to be worthless and a total waste of time (so I figured this long one would just be a bigger waste of time if I read it). Come to think of it, what is the biggest waste of time is me sitting here and typing this out. It is pathetic that I should have to do this and I really shouldn't in the first place...but here I go anyway.
    Mateulose,
    I spent most of the day today on RHP (and most of that time was spent on the forums). I saw many of your posts become hidden to the public. But guess what...I alerted most of your posts that I read. It is [I'll use this word again...because it is what you are] pathetic that I should have to waste my time typing out reasons why your posts are garbage. Did you ever consider that your posts are a waste of your time? Do you have no life? I mean, you keep whipping out all the posts that piss everyone off...and they all get swept away.
    WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY do you even post?!
    If you posted something interesting, nice, funny, or beneficial to ANYONE on the ENTIRE face of the earth, I would feel a LITTLE bit of sympathy towards you...but you don't!
    You just really puzzle me. You waste your time, my time, and the mods time. Do you realize how much more difficult you are making their [the moderators] jobs? Do you think they get paid to sit here and clean up after you all day? Ummm...NO! If only Russ were here. But you know what...I'm sure when he gets back that you will be dealt with.
    As I'm sure you can probably all tell, my vote is that this menice to the community be banned.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Nov '04 02:20
    Originally posted by zach918

Mateulose,
    I spent most of the day today on RHP (and most of that time was spent on the forums). I saw many of your posts become hidden to the public. But guess what...I alerted most of your posts that I read. It is [I'll use this word again...because it is what you are] pathetic that I should have to waste my time typing out reasons why your post ...[text shortened]... e garbage. Did you ever consider that your posts are a waste of your time? Do you have no life?
    I'll direct you to http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=14910

and specifically to...
    If people alert posts continuously, and appear to be targeting the posts of one user for no good reason, they could find themselves the recipient of a forum ban, in much the same way as someone who posts inappropriate material continuously will be.

You cannot target somebodies posts continuously because you dislike the poster or disagree with his viewpoints. There has to be a valid reason, ie: the post has to be offensive or against the TOS.

Btw: I thought freedom of speech was one of the great american dreams.

D
  11. Standard memberzach918
    Banned
    Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Nov '04 04:28
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I'll direct you to http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=14910

and specifically to...
    [b]If people alert posts continuously, and appear to be targeting the posts of one user for no good reason, they could find themselves the recipient of a forum ban, in much the same way as someone who posts inappropriate material continuously will be ...[text shortened]... ainst the TOS.

Btw: I thought freedom of speech was one of the great american dreams.

D
    Erm...believe me, there is a very good reason for every post that I alert mods to!
  12. Standard membermoredhel
    Caught Red Handed
    Young Hollywood
    Moves
    04 Nov '04 04:30
    Should you be banned? Hell no! You post some of the funniest stuff here on rhp.
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    04 Nov '04 15:33
    I don't think you should be banned. You have your opinion and you stick to it. I can respect that even though your opinions are crap and your comments make me spit up bile. But... you paid your money just like everyone else and have just as much a right to say whatever you want...

So post on, mateuloser. But don't expect any courteous treatment from me in the name of fair play and humourous dialogue πŸ˜‰
  14. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    04 Nov '04 18:12
    Originally posted by darvlay
    But... you paid your money just like everyone else and have just as much a right to say whatever you want...

Err................... no, actually.

πŸ˜‰
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    04 Nov '04 18:14
    Originally posted by colleman
    Err................... no, actually.

πŸ˜‰
    Sheesh, you're right... I just noticed that!

Fork over the cash Mateuloser - then start running your mouth...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree