1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 May '09 13:41
    Originally posted by Red Night
    While I agree that it would be nice to limit certain people's posting ability for all of our sanity, I believe in free speech.

Every moron, from defrauder to crowley, has the same right to spout their idiotic opinions as every other user.
    I've got a question.

When a user WAS in a certain clan or group, but leaves... do they still have these special privileges?

This is important to know, some users may end up with a false sense of security.

P-
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 May '09 14:00
    While I agree that it would be nice to limit certain people's posting ability for all of our sanity, I believe in free speech.

Every moron, from defrauder to crowley, has the same right to spout their idiotic opinions as every other user.
    Just as some users are free to lie and claim they have a high USCF rating when they actually have no such thing. It's not a surprise that such a user also invents rules that don't exist on RHP like the "Site Admins can't reinstate banned user names" rule.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    20 May '09 15:42
    Originally posted by Very Rusty

I think that certain Non-Subs (not all) should be limited to so many posts a day, so we don't have to put up with so much of their drivel. Perhaps 10 like is done with the PM's would be a perfect number?

We the paying subs would say who these Non-Subs would be.
    If it ever came to the point when some subscriber-nitwit could decide if non-subs are allowed to post here, I would predict a mass exodus of non-nitwits.

Maybe ALL nitwits should be limited in the number of posts they make.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '09 22:191 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    If it ever came to the point when some subscriber-nitwit could decide if non-subs are allowed to post here, I would predict a mass exodus of non-nitwits.

Maybe ALL nitwits should be limited in the number of posts they make.
    So are you trying to say that Subscribers are nitwits and non subs are not nitwits? What point here are you trying to make?

DO you think because you are a non sub, that automatically makes you a non-nitwit?
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '09 22:22

Actually we argee. I am not talking about taking their right of free speech away, I am talking about limiting it to 10 as it is with the PM's.

I am sure you can see how that would cut down on the useless drivel from (some of the non-subs), I am not say all non subs.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 May '09 22:32
    Actually we argee. I am not talking about taking their right of free speech away, I am talking about limiting it to 10 as it is with the PM's.

I am sure you can see how that would cut down on the useless drivel from (some of the non-subs), I am not say all non subs.
    A good amount of "useless drivel" would be eliminated if you got a permanent forum ban.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '09 22:471 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    A good amount of "useless drivel" would be eliminated if you got a permanent forum ban.
    Some would say the same about you, but not me. I enjoy laughing at your useless drivel. I as a rule just ignore what you say, as I do with most things that aren't really important, just so you know why I haven't answered your useless drivel in other forums.

Listen make sure to keep posting, even if it drops down to only 10 posts, I still enjoy the laughs I get from your posts. Perhaps they could make a special exception for you and a few others who are part of the furniture here. 🙂

Have a great day! And an even better tomorrow!
  8. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    20 May '09 22:56
    Perhaps while were at it, get rid of anyone with a 69 at the end or beginning of their name as it is a known sexual postition, and this is a 13+ Site! Doesn't matter if they are actually 69 either!

Well not them actually, just the number 69. 😛
    Yes, "69" at the end of a user name is so lame. 😞
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '09 23:001 edit
    Originally posted by Raven69
    Yes, "69" at the end of a user name is so lame. 😞
    It was all said in Jest, sorry you took it so seriously. I hope your friend from Halifax, is able to come to turns with his issues. Perhaps talking to him privately would have been better. If he happens to be a member of this site, he may not like you sharing with everyone, if indeed you are correct about his gay life style. I think you have been known to be wrong one time before. 😉
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 May '09 16:04
    So are you trying to say that Subscribers are nitwits and non subs are not nitwits? What point here are you trying to make?

DO you think because you are a non sub, that automatically makes you a non-nitwit?
    No but I don't automatically think a person who subscribes is NOT a nitwit.

There appears to be as many in both categories to me.
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    21 May '09 17:41

Many nits without any wit
  12. is no semi-colon
    Moves
    22 May '09 03:16
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Could you please direct me to the section of the TOS which states that the Site Admins cannot reinstate someone they banned if they so desire?

Thank you.
    since this is a thread ostensibly about possible modifications to the TOS, perhaps a section ought to be added specifiying the conditions under which a banned user will be reinstated. otherwise it just seems a bit arbitrary and contrary to the spirit of the rule of law. one rule for all, not special favours for those with friends in high places.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 May '09 03:19

Ok, but Should the TOS be amended?

This is what the thread is all about.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree