1. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 16:08
    Siege queues seem to get longer and longer every time I look at them. In order to keep them moving, I think:

1. Banned players should automatically be removed from their boards (replaced w/ the next chanllenger, no waiting for timeout) and removed from queues.

2. Siege games should automatically start after a siege ends. Right now just looking at the 1 day timeout page, I see that 8/30 seiges are dormant, with queues awaiting their next game.I looked a couple days ago and that number was 7/30.

I lost at siegeid=66 quite awhile ago but the next game still has not started.
  2. Swansea
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 21:19
    Originally posted by zebano
    Siege queues seem to get longer and longer every time I look at them. In order to keep them moving, I think:

1. Banned players should automatically be removed from their boards (replaced w/ the next chanllenger, no waiting for timeout) and removed from queues.

2. Siege games should automatically start after a siege ends. Right now just looking at the 1 ...[text shortened]... ber was 7/30.

I agree, I had to wait ages and ages for the game before my turn to start and ended up getting bored waiting for the other person to take up the challenge. I even PM'd him and it didn't work. 😞
  3. Joined
    06 Aug '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '06 22:20
    Originally posted by zebano

2. Siege games should automatically start after a siege ends. Right now just looking at the 1 ...[text shortened]... ber was 7/30.

Agreed, the siege boards are starting to break down, slowly more and more siege boards get gummed up, time to whip out the WD40.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 08:251 edit
    I agree too, but I think this kind of problems should be solved in a more general way.

Proposition 1: All games that can be started automatically, should start automatically.
    This means that a new tournament round should be started as soon the winners from the previous round are identified. And when next game in a siege can be started it should also be started.

Proposition 2: Time out the inactive games automatically
    Let no game be able to stall due to inactivity. If the time is out and the opponent doesn't move then he should lose the game and the tournament, siege or whatever should go on. I both players are inactive then the one with the move should lose the game.

Even if there will be a lot of null-games, the tournaments or sieges still progresses, and that is what we want. It's not enough to be able to click the skull; if no one clicks the skull then the siege is stalled and stuck.

So automatic game starts and automatic time outs is the solution out more than siege problems...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree