1. in a shell edit
    Moves
    11 May '05 19:16
    i like it because it doesnt point out where you or your opponent moved
  2. Not Kansas
    Moves
    11 May '05 19:231 edit
    I have IE6 and Firefox and the animation is weird in both, pieces not moving to the middle of the square, captured pieces remaining on the board. Maybe my old computer isn't fast enough?
  3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    11 May '05 19:43
    Loving the 'flip board' feature already 🙂
  4. Joined
    25 Aug '04
    Moves
    11 May '05 19:54
    Originally posted by Russ
    I thought I better stop giving everyone the same old line about ‘please be patient, things are coming, etc’...and show some of the work in progress. I was nearly finished with this work over a month ago, but I have been sidetracked by some work outside the site.

Anyway, rather than wait any longer before making it available, I have packaged one of the more ...[text shortened]... re you have it. I better scurry back to the work I am meant to be doing at the moment…

-Russ
    I'm logged in and paste http://www.redhotpawn.com/demo/index.php?gameid=1054591 into my browser (Obsd/firefox). I'm then taken to the yellow 'you're not logged in page'.
    I guess I am being very stupid, but where did I go wrong?
  5. The sky
    Moves
    11 May '05 20:23
    Originally posted by John Dalmas
    I'm logged in and paste http://www.redhotpawn.com/demo/index.php?gameid=1054591 into my browser (Obsd/firefox). I'm then taken to the yellow 'you're not logged in page'.
    I guess I am being very stupid, but where did I go wrong?
    My guess is that you don't use redhotpawn, but timeforchess, chessatwork or redhotchess. When you are logged in on one of those, you are not logged in on redhotpawn (and if you log in on redhotpawn, you'll automatically be logged out on whatever you used before). That's a bit inconvenient when following a link from the forum, but there's probably no way around it. Or maybe I just haven't found it?
  6. Joined
    16 Jul '02
    Moves
    11 May '05 20:591 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    My guess is that you don't use redhotpawn, but timeforchess, chessatwork or redhotchess. When you are logged in on one of those, you are not logged in on redhotpawn (and if you log in on redhotpawn, you'll automatically be logged out on w ...[text shortened]... e's probably no way around it. Or maybe I just haven't found it?
    This works for chessatwork, so I suppose for the others too:

http://www.chessatwork.com/demo/index.php?gameid=1054591

I like the interface, and I'm very glad with the flip feature. My only quibble: I think the forward and back board control buttons are ugly. Looking forward to seeing this implemented!

David
  7. Hainesport, NJ, USA
    Moves
    11 May '05 21:40
    Can't stand boards with pawn shadow--too distracting. the flame board, I mean, who could stand it for more than a few seconds. the pieces i prefer look like the ones already on rhp. there's one dumpy set that looks like russian architecture on steroids. don't know if i could stand that. the main thing im interested in is size of the board and plain newsprint like pieces.
  8. Brisbane, Australia
    Moves
    12 May '05 07:08
    Works well on Maxthon (formerly MyIE2). Look good...don't really care for some of the sets and boards, however.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 May '05 10:55
    The sets and boards were just random images put together by me to test this stuff, so, don't be too concerned about that.

All existing boards and sets will be in final new code, so the look of it should be indistinguishable from what you have now.

-Russ
  10. Donationmurrow
    penguinpuffin
    finsbury
    Moves
    12 May '05 11:031 edit
    it looks GREAT! two questions:

edit: whoops, sorry i see the first question has been answered already in the affirmative - YEY!

are we going to be able to step back not only through the moves that have been played but also through any 'extra' moves we add at the end by way of analysis? at the moment clicking 'back' sends us back to the last PLAYED position minus one move.

also, shouldn't the STOP button be a PAUSE button instead? i just expect things to go back to the beginning now when i stop them (as with CDs). i'm sure i'd get used to it though 😉
  11. Joined
    25 Aug '04
    Moves
    12 May '05 12:271 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    My guess is that you don't use redhotpawn, but timeforchess, chessatwork or redhotchess. When you are logged in on one of those, you are not logged in on redhotpawn (and if you log in on redhotpawn, you'll automatically be logged out on w ...[text shortened]... e's probably no way around it. Or maybe I just haven't found it?
    Yeah thanks, that was it (I use redhotchess).

I like the new features and for the record, they work fine on: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; OpenBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040902 Firefox/0.8
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 May '05 13:01
    Originally posted by murrow

are we going to be able to step back not only through the moves that have been played but also through any 'extra' moves we add at the end by way of analysis?
    Yes, this is what is intended.

And I take your point about the stop button.

-Russ
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 May '05 13:02
    Originally posted by John Dalmas
    they work fine on: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; OpenBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040902 Firefox/0.8
    Excellent, thanks.

This may not be as problematic for people as I first thought.

-Russ
  14. Standard memberxs
    Incroyant
    tinyurl.com/ksdwu
    Moves
    12 May '05 15:33
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    I have IE6 and Firefox and the animation is weird in both, pieces not moving to the middle of the square, captured pieces remaining on the board. Maybe my old computer isn't fast enough?
    I'm seeing this also?
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 May '05 18:36
    What OS are you using?

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree