Stop the trolls

Stop the trolls

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Oct 15

Originally posted by Kewpie
The only people who really know who the moderators are - those who are themselves moderators - have their identity concealed so that they are protected from retaliation. If you're accepted by Russ (via the send feedback system) into the moderation team you'll find out. Otherwise not.
Agree.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester
it's settled down into good moderation.
I agree. Why some people think that alerting a post should get it immediately removed is something I don't quite understand. Surely if you complain about a thread and request its removal, and it's not removed, then clearly the mods don't see a problem with it. That doesn't mean there are no mods. Mods rarely say anything to anyone who complains. And they certainly don't tell you all about any punishment. This is just the way it is out there on any site like this with public forums. Mods don't bring you into their little sewing circle just because you complain.

So tl;dr, I agree with you that after a long period of forum carnage, the forums have settled down into good moderation. At least we don't have tyrant moderators any more, and this is an area of site history where we just don't need to go back down that road again.

F

Moves
22 Oct 15

Originally posted by caissad4
There are no moderators for the forums at all.
After alerting several abusive posts days ago and receiving no response I sent Russ site feedback and his reply indicates that he has no knowledge of any alerts. Apparently when a post is alerted it goes somewhere unknown.
This is not the level of service I paid for.
You are so right. I don't blame Russ as he works hard to keep everything functioning. But i think for the huge international chess site it is, there should be other people - designated people - to care for forum issues. Trolls can do what they want here. The forum is infested with thousands of absurdities written by only a handful people. Which is why the forum has become a place of open hatred and the most scornful despise, human beings are able to express. After many years I finally had enough and reported one absolute, direct, out-spoken racist post written by one notorious troll (all forum readers know who he is). My English is not good enough to mention just HOW bad. NOTHING was done. Even though this person has been getting on our nerves with his craziness for YEARS. The ignorance in RHP forums is sickening....i am not going to support it financially another year.

S

Moves
23 Oct 15

Originally posted by caissad4
There are no moderators for the forums at all.
After alerting several abusive posts days ago and receiving no response I sent Russ site feedback and his reply indicates that he has no knowledge of any alerts. Apparently when a post is alerted it goes somewhere unknown.
This is not the level of service I paid for.
May I ask if you received any response please,

Regards

Willy.....