1. Orlando, Florida
    Joined
    20 Jul '05
    Moves
    14752
    12 Jan '06 19:23
    It would be nice when creating a new game to have the option of making it for subscribers only.
  2. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Joined
    20 Sep '04
    Moves
    16434
    12 Jan '06 23:211 edit
    Originally posted by point
    It would be nice when creating a new game to have the option of making it for subscribers only.
    I dont think non-subs should be discriminated against.
  3. Orlando, Florida
    Joined
    20 Jul '05
    Moves
    14752
    13 Jan '06 01:41
    I would like that option from time to time.
  4. Joined
    18 Mar '05
    Moves
    17578
    13 Jan '06 07:54
    Originally posted by celticcountry
    I dont think non-subs should be discriminated against.
    I second that. It would be nicer if subs stop picking on non-subs for no reason.
  5. Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    14414
    13 Jan '06 13:32
    Third. Most non-subs are very pleasant, and we should not discriminate the rule abiding majority jjust because of the rule breaking majority. After all, non-subs are potential subs.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26450
    13 Jan '06 13:542 edits
    I put up an open invite for 'NON-SUB SCUM ONLY' it finally got accepted and then swiftly deleted for some unknown reason. :'(

    Maybe if you could name it 'subs only' or something brilliant they [we] would take the hint..
  7. Joined
    18 Mar '05
    Moves
    17578
    13 Jan '06 16:36
    Subs or non-subs we are all here to play chess and to post in the forums. It is not as it is such a big issue. Besides some non-subs are better players than subs.
  8. Joined
    18 Mar '05
    Moves
    17578
    13 Jan '06 16:37
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I put up an open invite for 'NON-SUB SCUM ONLY' it finally got accepted and then swiftly deleted for some unknown reason. :'(

    Maybe if you could name it 'subs only' or something brilliant they [we] would take the hint..
    Would you like to have a game with me?😀
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Joined
    16 Mar '04
    Moves
    15013
    13 Jan '06 17:33
    Originally posted by ericwong
    Would you like to have a game with me?😀
    Doctors and Nurses?

    D
  10. SubscriberCeSinge
    CeSinge
    Brussels, Belgium
    Joined
    20 Aug '05
    Moves
    14980
    13 Jan '06 19:00
    It's not because an option exists that anyone has to use it. So from that perspective it doesn't hurt anyone if it''s there, and it makes some of us happy.

    In the same vein, sometimes I'd like to be able to exclude provisionally rated players.

    It's just a matter of options and choices.
  11. UK
    Joined
    16 Dec '02
    Moves
    70740
    13 Jan '06 19:39
    Originally posted by CeSinge
    It's not because an option exists that anyone has to use it. So from that perspective it doesn't hurt anyone if it''s there, and it makes some of us happy.

    In the same vein, sometimes I'd like to be able to exclude provisionally rated players.

    It's just a matter of options and choices.
    Rating limits exclude provisionals if I remember rightly.

    It does seem like non-subs abandon more games. But in the grand scheme of things I'm not sure it's a big deal.
  12. SubscriberCeSinge
    CeSinge
    Brussels, Belgium
    Joined
    20 Aug '05
    Moves
    14980
    13 Jan '06 19:46
    >>Rating limits exclude provisionals if I remember rightly.

    I wouldn't know how to do that. Imho, provisionals can have any rating.
  13. UK
    Joined
    16 Dec '02
    Moves
    70740
    13 Jan '06 19:541 edit
    Originally posted by CeSinge
    >>Rating limits exclude provisionals if I remember rightly.

    I wouldn't know how to do that. Imho, provisionals can have any rating.
    I mean if you impose any rating limit then provs can't accept the game. So if you have a limit of >500 and less than 3000 for example.

    Edited because it didn't like the less than symbol.
  14. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Joined
    23 Sep '03
    Moves
    15902
    13 Jan '06 20:01
    Originally posted by mrmist
    It does seem like non-subs abandon more games.
    With only 6 on the go, I guess it is more tempting to sack off a stale game and get a fresh one going.
  15. Account suspended
    Joined
    04 Dec '05
    Moves
    2947
    14 Jan '06 11:31
    I support the proposal to allow subcribers to stipulate 'Subscibers Only' when poating a new game. We are not asking you to 'discriminate against non-subscribers'; merely to allow those of us
    who put our money where our mouths are to excercise the option if we individually wish. This has nothing to do with the 'pleasantness' or otherwise of the nons as you suggest in your unsatisfactory reply to 'point' who first proposed the idea. Why not have a ballot to find what the subscribers think about it?
Back to Top