1. Joined
    25 Jul '04
    Moves
    19 Dec '04 00:49
    How about an option to take back a move that you and your opponent both know was an obvious mistake? A lot of the games I play aren't exactly 'tournament' level games, and some are for plain instructional purposes. I've come across a number of situations where both my opponent and myself agree that the particular move should never have happened. Of course, both players would have to agree. It could be set up the same way as the site offers the "draw" function. The opposing player should [obviously] have to approve the take back... for whatever the reason. Otherwise, I commend you on a truly awesome web site. I've gotten several co-workers of mine addicted to it, and soon I think my whole department will partake...
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Dec '04 01:16
    Originally posted by Jarsor
    How about an option to take back a move that you and your opponent both know was an obvious mistake? A lot of the games I play aren't exactly 'tournament' level games, and some are for plain instructional purposes. I've come across a number of situations where both my opponent and myself agree that the particular move should never have happened. Of cou ...[text shortened]... several co-workers of mine addicted to it, and soon I think my whole department will partake...
    I don't like the idea of takebacks. It can introduce a bit of aggro and ill feeling if 1 player feels he/she should be allowed to take back, and the other doesn't.

What you can do for the instructional games is draw, and then set up an unrated set piece game to the position before the dodgy move, and then play out the rest of the game that way.

D
  3. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    19 Dec '04 01:40
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I don't like the idea of takebacks. It can introduce a bit of aggro and ill feeling if 1 player feels he/she should be allowed to take back, and the other doesn't.

What you can do for the instructional games is draw, and then set up an unrated set piece game to the position before the dodgy move, and then play out the rest of the game that way.

D
    Yep. Ragnorak's got the right plan. A take-back feature would open up a big ol can of worms that no one would be able to control....
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    19 Dec '04 01:50
    This feature could be implemented only for unrated games,which often are played for instructional purposes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree