1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 23:35
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Not bad at all!
    Since they're here to "protect players" according to Arrakis, how about the "Trojan Patrol"?
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 23:56
    As in: thinking they are harmless, invited them in and they strike you in the back?
  3. London
    Moves
    11 Jan '05 23:59
    Originally posted by mateulose
    How about, something simple like:

"Red Hot Cops?"

RHC?
    Red Hot Police or Red Hot Patrol (RHP)?
  4. Standard memberohfreak
    El Freak0
    NW GD Ohio
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 05:271 edit
    Of course Red Hot Patrol (RHP) will only breed confusion. Which are they talking about? 😉

Red Hot Cops is pretty darn clever. See what you can accomplish when you pull yer he... nevermind.

If FGWE was truly interested in furthering the well-being of the site, he would spend less time trying to sabotage the formation of the CP (or whatever it ends up being called) and more time indeed giving insights as to the methods and means he took to avoid (unsuccessfully) detection. Who better to assist on catching a mouth-breathing f00/ than the undeniable KING of mouth-breathing foo/s?

RHP is only self-destructing insofar as it doesn't allow cheating m0r0ns to persist with their pathetic (non)-existence.
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 16:48
    12 Angry Men
  6. Joined
    25 Feb '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 17:32
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You still never told us what the thrill was to cheat and let a computer make your moves for you.... why not be useful and at least let us into the mind of a cheat.

P
    Not to shure i should answer this question, i offered to be "usefull" as you put it Plab a while ago and i got the big "f-off", but i cant resist :-), so here goes.

The reasons for engine use are varied and many, no 2 engine boys are the same, life isnt that simple, but it can be reduced to a fairly short list,

1. To appear better at chess than you really are, this is the classic reason for engine use, and its also the main reason most people "assume" to be the reason for all cheating, that assumption is false.

2. Some engine users have a genuine interest in computer chess, they might be trying out new software, testing there own engine against human opponents or simply testing one of the latest engines to see how it does against "mere mortals".

3. Workload, we have all done it at some point, taken on to many games at once, maybe you just joined a clan, or 2 or 3 clans, and all of a sudden the workload is massive, well engines are very good at reducing workload they find good solid moves and they do it fast, they dont lose concentration, they dont make silly mistakes and they dont get drunk, lol.

4. Getting "Hooked", these are the guys who own engines, they use them to analyse there own games after the game is over, see where they went wrong, looking for blunders, trouble is temptation gets the better of them and they start looking at games in progress, and then there hooked, at first maybe just 1 or 2 moves in a few games, then full blown engine use.

5. Retaliation, a very good reason for engine use in my book, these guys have simply had enough of others running engines on them, so they run back, its a viscous circle and could be classed as self defense.

Now the trouble with you guys is you take it all personally, dont, you seem to be trying to create a "cosy" and "fluffy" little world where nothing bad ever happens, but you cant, this world of yours is the internet and fair chess does not exist on the internet, there will allways be cheating in one form or another.
    If you want fair, go OTB, join a chess club, play some tourny's, that little internet utopia just does not exist, and never will.

Not shure if this little rant answers the question, but who gives a F...

Regards FGWE
  7. Standard memberTRACKHEAD21
    Total Domination
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 17:57
    Originally posted by forevergreenwithenvy
    Not to shure i should answer this question, i offered to be "usefull" as you put it Plab a while ago and i got the big "f-off", but i cant resist :-), so here goes.

The reasons for engine use are varied and many, no 2 engine boys are the same, life isnt that simple, but it can be reduced to a fairly short list,

1. To appear better at c ...[text shortened]... ill.

Regards FGWE
    interesting answer and it does somewhat answer the question but which reason is your reason?
  8. Over seas
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 18:58
    Star chamber.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 20:01
    Originally posted by forevergreenwithenvy

1. To appear better at c ...[text shortened]... ill.

Regards FGWE
    Thanx for your answer, jerk. There are a lot of bad things in the world... this does not make it right.

Now you can get back to your little hole... run along little boy.

P
  10. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    12 Jan '05 21:28
    Here is an interesting resource by Dr Unclear on internet chess cheating:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Realm/8655/ENGLISH/Main_ENG.htm

It goes quite deeply into the psychology of cheating. Also has some testimony from cheaters themselves. Some of it is a little dated, but still relevant.
  11. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '05 01:071 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Not bad at all!
    If it's so great, then rec it darnit! LOL! 😏
  12. Joined
    25 Feb '04
    Moves
    13 Jan '05 01:53
    Originally posted by ohfreak
    Of course Red Hot Patrol (RHP) will only breed confusion. Which are they talking about? 😉

Red Hot Cops is pretty darn clever. See what you can accomplish when you pull yer he... nevermind.

If FGWE was truly interested in furthering the well-being of the site, he would spend less time trying to sabotage the formation of the CP (or whatever it ends u ...[text shortened]... ing insofar as it doesn't allow cheating m0r0ns to persist with their pathetic (non)-existence.
    I have never tried to sabotage the formation of the CP, infact i think its a bloody good idea, the point i was simply making in my first post was this, a certain amount of double standards has taken place during this whole engine use debate, some players being highlighted and hounded in the forums, while other obvious "cheats" are left in place to carry on.

As for "furthering the well-being of the site", well im not the one who has been making public accusations of cheating in the forums over the past few months, that kind of thing does real harm to this site, and has allready resulted in people leaving this site, that my dear friend was done by a certain group of people who claim to be furthering the well-being of this site - witchhunters.

I employed no methods or means to avoid detection, when i started my little debate with Grayeyes in the forum on the subject of chess engines and whether they do or dont play like humans, i knew all to well that sooner or later he would take a look at my games, and knew all to well what he would find.
    But having said that, it would of been nice to stay hidden for a short while longer, i did rather fancy battling with some of the engines at the top of the tree.

How about this for a name - Selective Search.

Regards FGWE
  13. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    13 Jan '05 02:141 edit
    😠......I've already said it once here and I'll say it again. Why are you STILL here? Honestly, is your life that boring and are you so desperate for something to do that you'd come back to the site where cheaters aren't welcome? What's the point? I doubt anyone respects your opinion in threads cause of the cheating. I doubt anyone wants to see your posts cause they just don't care anymore. Thanks for listening (Again).

Josh
  14. Joined
    25 Feb '04
    Moves
    13 Jan '05 02:34
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    😠......I've already said it once here and I'll say it again. Why are you STILL here? Honestly, is your life that boring and are you so desperate for something to do that you'd come back to the site where cheaters aren't welcome? What's the point? I doubt anyone respects your opinion in threads cause of the cheating. I doubt anyone wants to see you ...[text shortened]... ey just don't care anymore. Thanks for listening (Again).

Josh
    I was asked a question, so i answered it, now had i known i had to clear it with you first, lol, then of course i would of :-),

Last time i checked this was a free forum for any members of RHP, and guess what, im still a member, so shove it up your a... GalaxyShield.

FGWE
  15. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    13 Jan '05 03:34
    I asked questions there too. Like, what's the point? Please tell me (us), what's the point of coming here if your not taken seriously by most (I'd figure).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree