The CP Mod Forum must be publicly viewable.

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
12 Jan 05
1 edit

A lot of this is guessing on how Russ will enable the Cheat Police Moderators (CPM) to work. Then a lot more of it is my “Site Idea”.

All discussion for the CPM should be publicly viewable. Nay! It NEEDS to be publicly viewable! The reasons are many. I’ll begin with the “Good” reasons – the reasons that I feel most would not argue, are good ideas for the site RedHotPawn.com (RHP).

1. How many of us lowly players (<1600) wouldn’t learn a great deal from reading the discussions of the great players on the CPM? When they start arguing/agreeing over Forced-Moves, Positional Play vs. Tactical Play, Database Games, Set Lines; I know I would learn a least a little, most likely A LOT!
2. Future CPM. Subscribers come and go, for natural causes, financial reasons, girlfriend-wants-more-time reasons and more. It is obvious that there will be a need for NEW CPM in the future. What better way to “train” the replacements than to allow them to “study” the methods by reading the ongoing discussion by the CPM?
3. No-Favoritism. Since all discussion would be available, we the lowly player can know that the CPM are being honest and fair.

Now for other reasons…
Because WE WANT IT!. Humankind thrives on this kind of drama. How many different shows of CSI, Law and Order, L.A. Law (remember that one?). The public likes just this kind of stuff. And when I say “public” I mean the subscribers. We eat up these kind of accusations and “evidence”. We like to see the guilty fry, and the innocent be proven not guilty. Give us what we want. Here is how:

Can you setup a forum called, let’s say, “Cheat Police” and make it only be editable/post able by “approved” Moderators? All of us lowly readers could read it, but couldn’t participate. This would probably be a good deterrent to people posting in the “Open” forums. They would see “Justice” taking place!

Give us PUBLICLY VIEWABLE CPM DISCUSSIONS!.

Thanks,
Tim

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
12 Jan 05

Originally posted by tmetzler

A lot of this is guessing on how Russ will enable the Cheat Police Moderators (CPM) to work. Then a lot more of it is my “Site Idea”.

All discussion for the CPM should be publicly viewable. Nay! It NEEDS to be publicly viewable! The reasons are many. I’ll begin with the “Good” reasons – the reasons that ...[text shortened]... would see “Justice” taking place!

Give us PUBLICLY VIEWABLE CPM DISCUSSIONS!.

Thanks,
Tim
Sounds like a bad idea to me.

1) What better way to train cheats than to see how the internal affairs of the CP was working.
2) Accused identities should be kept secret (at least until either cleared or busted)
3) As a learning tool, I wouldn't see it as good, hour for hour, as reading a site like the exeter chess club's coaching pages.

I agree with you about the soap opera element though. 😉

D

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
12 Jan 05

Originally posted by Ragnorak
2) Accused identities should be kept secret (at least until either cleared or busted)
Couldn't agree more.