1. Stockholm, Sweden
    Moves
    01 Apr '06 23:46
    It would be nice if the notebook would be larger so I can read all of my notes at once.. now only four lines or so are visible. Why not add a possibility to resize the window?
  2. Home
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 04:34
    One must learn to condense notes.
    Saves space on the server.
  3. Stockholm, Sweden
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 11:13
    I wasn't talking about the number of characters allowed.. I was talking about the interface window. This little notebook window is too small. Making it bigger doesn't save more space on the server.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 12:21
    Originally posted by Golub
    It would be nice if the notebook would be larger so I can read all of my notes at once.. now only four lines or so are visible. Why not add a possibility to resize the window?
    True, especially considering the amount of empty space to the right of the screen.

D
  5. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 20:10
    I wasn't talking about the number of characters allowed.. I was talking about the interface window. This little notebook window is too small. Making it bigger doesn't save more space on the server.
    I believe that there's a Greasemonkey script to do that. I haven't used it but you can take a look at:

http://diveintogreasemonkey.org/casestudy/zoomtextarea.html

And see if it fits your need. Assuming that you're using Firefox and Greasemonkey, of course.
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Apr '06 20:30
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    I believe that there's a Greasemonkey script to do that. I haven't used it but you can take a look at:

http://diveintogreasemonkey.org/casestudy/zoomtextarea.html

And see if it fits your need. Assuming that you're using Firefox and Greasemonkey, of course.
    I couldn't that one to work, but this one works a dream...
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/600.user.js

CTRL+ENTER to increase size, and SHIFT+CTRL+ENTER to decrease.

D
  7. Stockholm, Sweden
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 13:06
    Think it would be alot simpler if the site supported it
  8. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    03 Apr '06 14:00
    Think it would be alot simpler if the site supported it
    Switch to Firefox! You'll be a lot happier. 🙂

But seriously though, I'm sure that Russ has a lot of change requests and it is all a matter of priorities. I think that it would make sense for Russ to focus on server-side improvements to make the site better rather than waste time developing features that can be accomplished on the client-side quite easily.

And, who can say how difficult a change like the one you propose would be. I've done a fair amount of coding in my life and things that seem easy can turn out to be much more involved. For instance, what if everyone doesn't like the bigger notebook window? Should there be a preference? How does it affect the layout of the games window and the information box in the various board formats? Etc.
  9. Stockholm, Sweden
    Moves
    04 Apr '06 12:131 edit
    I use firefox

I think a simple option of how many lines the textbox should be is enough..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree