The “Cheat Police” is a bad & dangerous idea

The “Cheat Police” is a bad & dangerous idea

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k

Moves
14 Jan 05

if anybody wants to use an engine to play their games, play me. i welcome the respect. i dont value the result as highly as most people do. what are the prizes for winning anyway?

G
Whale watching

33°36'S 26°53'E

Moves
14 Jan 05

Originally posted by kingscrusherX
if anybody wants to use an engine to play their games, play me. i welcome the respect. i dont value the result as highly as most people do. what are the prizes for winning anyway?
Why bother with RHP? Just buy yourself CM10 or Fritz. Or download some of the freeware engines. You can play your computer 24/7 to your heart's content. Good luck. Hope you win.

K

Moves
14 Jan 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Gatecrasher
Why bother with RHP? Just buy yourself CM10 or Fritz. Or download some of the freeware engines. You can play your computer 24/7 to your heart's content. Good luck. Hope you win.

Gatecrasher-
Is your recommendation serious?
Clearly, playing against an engine over and over is pretty tedious stuff...as you are likely aware, but on a chess site...there's tremendous variety.

My understanding of what kingscrusherX means is that: he doesn't care if his opponent is weak or strong, and won't get paranoid if someone beats him...he just want to play chess!

K

Moves
14 Jan 05

Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
There ... More evidence against Trackhead ...

I'm sorry, but I can only recommend anyone (and I mean anyone) not to play Trackhead by all means.

There is a clearly very strong player (who is not afraid to show his real name [b]AND
his rating) here who quite interestingly put evidence that Trackhead is NOT a real person playing. Sure ...[text shortened]... engine-users) are destroying RHP and I will do what I can to prevent that ...

Regards
Boris[/b]
Hey Slow Pawn-
I kinda agree with you here...but not that he should be removed from the site.

He has clearly been belligerent, disrespectful, and arrogant. Apparently (according to him) he's simply an incredibly gifted player w/ no OTB experience or rating...that can simply recognize and 'crush' any engine at will!? Using tremendous good judgment, he published a long list of RHP 'cheaters' (without producing any evidence whatsoever), resigned all his games, let his girlfriend play for him, (breaking the Terms of Service), and seems real quick to the trigger to accuse people, or condemn anyone that doesn't agree with him.

Scary thing is, this 'total dominance' seems to have paid off...he has managed to make some allies and garnered some support...actually finished 3rd in the 'cheat police' vote with a whopping 143 votes! God help us!

TSP
HIT THE LIGHTS

Moves
14 Jan 05

Originally posted by Kranium

Scary thing is, this 'total dominance' seems to have paid off...he has managed to make some allies and garnered some support...actually finished 3rd in the 'cheat police' vote with a whopping 143 votes! God help us!
Kranium,

As far as the 143 votes are concerned, I am almost certain that Trackhead is not the only engine user at RHP and I would put any money on the fact that the majority of people voted for Trackhead are engine user's themselves ...

He needs to be banned, NOW ... The evidence produced by good and excellent players here is overwhelming. He has totally ignored any accusation in his direction, has not produced an international rating, not even once shown that he understands chess ...

It's good to see that more and more people are behind me on this

Kind Regards
Boris

PS: I'm almost certain that Trackhead (despite his votes) will not become member of the cheat policy, so don't worry too much

O

An airport near you

Moves
14 Jan 05

Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
There ... More evidence against Trackhead ...
In addition Sander, Robbo and Osse have analysed your games and proven that you are an engine (yes I know that I repeat myself)
Have to correct that in my case - I didn't and haven't analysed any of Trackhead's games. I've had one very brief conversation with him which seemed to me to prove he didn't understand the difference between a mainline Slav and the rubbish opening I had accidently played (due to a fingerfehler); and I made some private comments that I was suspicious of both him and xxxFearUSAxxx on UChess.

There are other reasons I'm skeptical, but none in this case relate to his game moves (as said, I've seen none apart from the one Slav we had before he resigned when moving to NY).

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
14 Jan 05

Originally posted by Kranium
Trackhead-

I realize that you are strongly in favor of the idea, but of course you do have much to gain if elected as one of the 'game moderators'..i.e. prestige/influence/power.

Am I afraid? Absolutely. Afraid that a game moderator (perhaps you?) will falsely (mistakenly) accuse innocent people.

I'm concerned about fairness...there's enough i ...[text shortened]... strates it's fairness and accuracy, my apologies. please direct me to the link.

Thx-
Norm
I personally do not think that the election voting had anything to do with picking the game moderators! :-)

Yeah, Russ is pretty smart. He needed to:

1) Inform the members that a system was being formed to catch cheaters.
2) Include the membership in the new system
3) Get the memberships' opinions

And also, pretty clever of Russ...

4) See how each prospective member communicates his/her ideas and how they respond to the other members.

So, the next step is to place the members on the mods team and then give them the proper training.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Jan 05

Originally posted by arrakis
I personally do not think that the election voting had anything to do with picking the game moderators! :-)

Yeah, Russ is pretty smart. He needed to:

1) Inform the members that a system was being formed to catch cheaters.
2) Include the membership in the new system
3) Get the memberships' opinions

And also, pretty clever of Russ...

4) See ho ...[text shortened]... e next step is to place the members on the mods team and then give them the proper training.

I think Russ means what he says and he said this:

Note : The final decision will be made by the site administrators, but the community's opinion will be very influential.

Therefore, your speculation is worthless.

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
16 Jan 05

Originally posted by Tryfon Gavriel
Hi Trackhead

May I quickly ask how you managed to beat XxFeArUsA1xX (who no longer has an account there) on uchess.com. I can do quite well against IM's and GM's on blitz chess, but had no chance against him, probably because he was using Deep Fritz.

The win I am referring to occured on the 13th of September 2004 which can be seen your perfec ...[text shortened]... .uchess.com/forumviewthread.php?forumid=1&threadid=186

Best wishes
Tryfon Gavriel
Fide 2160
i imagine it had something to do with the time out!!!